Windows 10: Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly

Discus and support Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Many of you heard of this issue, I hope I'll either get help or better ideas at why the disconnect/reconnect repeats every 5-10 sec or so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scorcier2A, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly

Hello,

Many of you heard of this issue, I hope I'll either get help or better ideas at why the disconnect/reconnect repeats every 5-10 sec or so while using this external hard drive.

MY SITUATION:
    I acquired a WD_Black SSD 8to usb3.0 8 days ago, and after I plugged it in it kept reconnecting and disconnecting more or less every 5 second or so.

The first day it managed somehow to stabilize for over 15hours but since then it keeps disconnecting/reconnecting.

It's so bad that for sanity sake while I'm writing this topic I had to unplug-it because genuinely every 5 seconds the wd_black disconnects +reconnects immediately and this repeats constantly. Windows informs me that the this device has a problem aswell.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

- switched the usb3.0 cable of WD with a new one actual brand new 'gold-plated' 3.0 cable:FAILED
    - uninstall-reinstall USB 3.0 Hub: FAILED
    - used the other usb3.0 slot on my PC to see if it works better: FAILED
    - disabled every *infamous* 'Power Off/Saving/USBs ports': FAILED every one of them
    - disabled my dvd-rom to save power ? FAILED
    - used an other external Hard Drive in 3.0 to see if my computer is faulty ? FAILED, the other hard drive was OK.

MY OPINIONS
    As the WD_Black is brand new I did not try to plug it in an other pc to see if it fails disconnects/reconnects. Again, as it is brand new I want to believe that I purchased a good product...

I plugged it in the 2.0 usb slot and works OK but as I said earlier it is a 3.0 usb external hard drive, I want to use it in a 3.0 setting.

I don't believe it is a power-related issue but for arguments' sake here is my setup the wd_black has it's own power supply:
    - gtx 1060 running 2 monitors
    - corsair vs650 power supply
    - 1 cheap keyboard
    - 1 cheap mouse
    - i7-4770
    - 16gb ram

Hope' somebody has an idea, even the slightest because at the moment this 7270gb external SSD is litteraly useless.

:)

Scorcier2A, Sep 4, 2020

2. Western Digital NASK not on my network any more

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried using another computer to access Western Digital Nask?

Renaldo cru, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

Heard back from Western Digital, but there steps still failed, waiting on call back now from Level 2 support, but have a feeling isn't gonna help any. From there forum area looks like not only user having issues with the dashboard program.

AMDMan2016, Sep 4, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly

BulldogXX, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly

1. Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly - Similar Threads - Western Digital constantly

2. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me: Hello! My graphics drivers have been crashing more and more often recently when playing games, causing games to be unplayable. I have tried multiple solutions, which I will outline below, including the error logs. Honestly, I want to know whether my laptop's GPU is dying or a...
  3. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me: Hello! My graphics drivers have been crashing more and more often recently when playing games, causing games to be unplayable. I have tried multiple solutions, which I will outline below, including the error logs. Honestly, I want to know whether my laptop's GPU is dying or a...
  4. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  6. Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup

Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup: I rather recently upgraded from my old single screen setup to a dual screen setup, but since then I have been running into an issue on startup: When I boot my primary screen starts up, but my secondary screen seems to constantly connect and disconnect at a rapid rate, which...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I have installed Windows 10 on five computers or my home network and I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. This happens with connections between any two computers. I never had this problem before I...
  8. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...
  9. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  10. western digital my book

western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415