Windows 10: Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Discus and support Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi There External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Hi There

External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any, yes the drive is older, mostly used to store second copy of music files/pictures and kept under neath upstairs Computer Desktop most of the time, brought it down tonight to update the files on it, and discovered this problem

Eventually getting a replacement soon as I can

Could Avast 17.6 be interfering at all? use Avast on every house hold PC, and Phone as well, don't think it would, but I guess anything is possible, Should've just stayed with Defender on my last clean install with this system, oh well i'll fix that when Fall Creators update comes out lol

Second drive also stores all the ISO files over the years, Dban for other PC memtest iso, windows 7 iso for other PC, Windows 10 ISO, etc.

:)

AMDMan2016, Aug 31, 2017

2. Western Digital Elements Desktop External HD NOT being seen by Windows 10

My Western Digital Elements Desktop External drive is not being seen by my PC since I had to update to Windows 10. This seems to be a major problem for many Western Digital drive owners. Have there been ANY sort of driver updates to fix this issue? This
    is my primary back up for my PC and I need this to work going forward. Right now it is just a very expensive brick.

jessicadwyer_fangirl, Aug 31, 2017
  3. Western Digital Elements 1042

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, please answer the questions given below.

1) Did you check with another ports, or with different computers?

2) Did you check for the drive in Disk management?

I suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a) Click on search box.

b) Type Troubleshooting and click
    Troubleshooting
    under Settings.

c) Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the
    search option.

d) Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

If you are able to detect the drive in Disk management, I would suggest you to assign a letter.

Method 2: To assign drive letter
    from disk management.

a. Press Windows key + X

b. Click on Disk Management

c. To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned,
    click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then
    click OK

d. To change a drive letter,
    click Change
    , click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click
    Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Hope the information provided was helpful, if you need further assistance, please feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

1. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues - Similar Threads - Western Digital Elements

2. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  3. Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue

Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue: Hey everyone! I've been having an issue with my system recognizing my external hard drive WD MyBook after I was forced to reinstall the OS last year. Before that, I was able to connect to it & access the data on it without any issues. When I plug it into my USB, it...
  4. Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected

Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected: This happened suddenly. I bought a new cable. Still doesn't work. The passport is definitely powering up. My OS is Windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  5. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  6. Western Digital backup software not loading

Western Digital backup software not loading: I transferred my WD Passport to a new Windows 10 computer from a Windows 7 computer. The WD backup software will not load. The computer recognizes the drive but not the target to backup....
  7. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  8. western digital my book

western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415
  9. Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues: Hi All Having trouble reinstalling this Application after clean install of WIndows 10 Pro Creators edition 15063 (From ISO) , everything else is working, even my 3rd party Antivirus Avast just fine. But this program keeps saying that it detected another install and will...
  10. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820