Windows 10: Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue

Discus and support Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I've been having an issue with my system recognizing my external hard drive WD MyBook after I was forced to reinstall the OS last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Neyguy1977, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue

Hey everyone!

I've been having an issue with my system recognizing my external hard drive WD MyBook after I was forced to reinstall the OS last year. Before that, I was able to connect to it & access the data on it without any issues. When I plug it into my USB, it shows there is an extra device to use, however it splits up the external into 2 different drives. It's a 500Gig drive & there's about 1Gig used, but it shows a F: <Drive> & G: <Drive> each with approximately half of the total drive space on each, respectively. As far as I know, I'm using the correct power supply & USB cord as I've heard that can be causing connecting issues as well. I don't want to format the drive as I'm certain the drive is good. I used the WD DataLifeguard to check the drive for errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not a PC stud but I have more than the average user knowledge.

:)

Neyguy1977, Jan 3, 2021

2. I updated to the latest Windows and now my Western Digital Mybook drive is recognised but will not mount

I updated to the latest Windows and now my Western Digital Mybook drive is recognised but will not mount.

Any ideas?

Troubledbreeding, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Western Digital NASK not on my network any more

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried using another computer to access Western Digital Nask?

Renaldo cru, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue

Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

Heard back from Western Digital, but there steps still failed, waiting on call back now from Level 2 support, but have a feeling isn't gonna help any. From there forum area looks like not only user having issues with the dashboard program.

AMDMan2016, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue

1. Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue - Similar Threads - Western Digital MyBook

2. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  3. I updated to the latest Windows and now my Western Digital Mybook drive is recognised but...

I updated to the latest Windows and now my Western Digital Mybook drive is recognised but...: I updated to the latest Windows and now my Western Digital Mybook drive is recognised but will not mount. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-updated-to-the-latest-windows-and-now-my-western/6940a455-0251-4622-815d-86864d8290b3
  4. Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected

Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected: This happened suddenly. I bought a new cable. Still doesn't work. The passport is definitely powering up. My OS is Windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  5. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  6. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  7. western digital my book

western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415
  8. Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues: Hi All Having trouble reinstalling this Application after clean install of WIndows 10 Pro Creators edition 15063 (From ISO) , everything else is working, even my 3rd party Antivirus Avast just fine. But this program keeps saying that it detected another install and will...
  9. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues: Hi There External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any, yes the drive is older, mostly used to store second copy of music files/pictures and kept under neath upstairs Computer...
  10. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820