Windows 10: Western Digital Passport USB issue

Discus and support Western Digital Passport USB issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GracelynLaFleur, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Western Digital Passport USB issue

Hi,

I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable

Thank you

:)

GracelynLaFleur, Feb 22, 2021

2. western digital my passport

my pc will not recognize my external hard drive - western digital my passport

dwwilliamson, Feb 22, 2021
  3. GaryBaird Win User
    Windows 10 does not recognize western digital My passport Ultra external hard drive

I don' know if that is related to my problem, but I found out (not from Western Digital) that you can only plug a "Western Digital Passport" into a computer usb port. You CANNOT plug it into a usb HUB. That seemed to have changed with Windows 10. Bummer,
    because computers have so few usb ports making it necessary to unplug something else in order to use a "Western Digital Passport" hard drive. I think "Western Digital" failed to write device drivers for Windows 10, but they will never admit that.

GaryBaird, Feb 22, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Western Digital Passport USB issue

western digital passport

Did they explain what the Microsoft issue is?

Thus far, the only description of your problem that we have is that your WD Passport "stopped working." We still don't know what stopped working means or how it stopped working, or even which Passport you have. Now you want help with "a Microsoft issue."
    People here want to help you, but you aren't making it so easy.

BulldogXX, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Western Digital Passport USB issue

1. Western Digital Passport USB issue - Similar Threads - Western Digital Passport

2. CANNOT ACCESS WD Western Digital SES aka WD My Passport USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT ACCESS WD Western Digital SES aka WD My Passport USB Device: I plugged in My Passport to save down video files externally for my work.The passport at first did not show up after a few hours of unplugging, updating, reinstalling and installing I finally have it under "Disk Drives". I have I believe updated the drivers, installed the...
  3. CANNOT ACCESS WD Western Digital SES aka WD My Passport USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT ACCESS WD Western Digital SES aka WD My Passport USB Device: I plugged in My Passport to save down video files externally for my work.The passport at first did not show up after a few hours of unplugging, updating, reinstalling and installing I finally have it under "Disk Drives". I have I believe updated the drivers, installed the...
  4. CANNOT ACCESS WD Western Digital SES aka WD My Passport USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Western Digital My passport ext hdd

Western Digital My passport ext hdd: Good morning folks, I,m having problems with the above 2tb drive.Whenever I connect to the laptop it switches itself on without me touching any keys so I have to "x" off it Tried just now to upload a photo and it seemed to disappear while I was trying to do so but...
  6. Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected

Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected: This happened suddenly. I bought a new cable. Still doesn't work. The passport is definitely powering up. My OS is Windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  7. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  8. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues: Hi There External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any, yes the drive is older, mostly used to store second copy of music files/pictures and kept under neath upstairs Computer...
  9. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820
  10. Files being copied from Western Digital Passport have datestamp...

in Windows 10 Support
    Files being copied from Western Digital Passport have datestamp...: I'm moving backed up files to a new hard drive/Windows install and the filenames are: filename (2016_08_22 05_14_11 UTC).extension Why is this happening? 61677