Windows 10: Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

Discus and support Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All Having trouble reinstalling this Application after clean install of WIndows 10 Pro Creators edition 15063 (From ISO) , everything else is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AMDMan2016, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

Hi All

Having trouble reinstalling this Application after clean install of WIndows 10 Pro Creators edition 15063 (From ISO) , everything else is working, even my 3rd party Antivirus Avast just fine. But this program keeps saying that it detected another install and will remove it and continue, but never does

Should I Remove Avast with removal tool and try the program again while waiting on Reply from Western Digital support, worked fine in 1607, never had this problem then

:)

AMDMan2016, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Sam_513 Win User

We couldn't update the system reserved partition.

I had this same problem trying to upgrade Win7 on a 256GB SSD. I didn't want to mess with resizing partitions.

My fix: (described below) only took an extra two hours. Now I'm all updated, all programs and data accounted for and working.

I went to the Western Digital website and downloaded the free Acronis True Image program they give you to clone your hard drive to another drive.

Step 1: Cloned the 256 GB SSD to a 600GB Western Digital Raptor.

Step 2: Disconnect SSD and booted to the 600GB Western Digital Raptor

Step 3: Got to control panel, open windows update, and start upgrade to Windows 10. (Now it works)

After update completed and Windows 10 activated...

Went to Samsung website and downloaded the Samsung Data Migration tool. (Samsung's tool to clone your hard drive to the Samsung SSD.

Step 4: Cloned the 600GB (UPDATED) Western Digital Raptor back to the 256GB Samsung SSD.

Step 5: Disconnect the 600GB Western Digital Raptor and boot to SSD. (upgrade finished - everything working)

Sam_513, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Pro default storage settings

I can confirm that it is a standard HDD from Western Digital. I had to set it up in Windows using the Disk Management tool as I had chosen to install Windows to the SSD during installation.

WilliamGaskellOE, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

It probably is not yet supported under 15063. I would wait until I heard back from WD.

storageman, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Heard back from Western Digital, but there steps still failed, waiting on call back now from Level 2 support, but have a feeling isn't gonna help any. From there forum area looks like not only user having issues with the dashboard program.

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

1. Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues - Similar Threads - Western Digital SSD

2. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  3. Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue

Western Digital MyBook WD5000H1U-00 accessing issue: Hey everyone! I've been having an issue with my system recognizing my external hard drive WD MyBook after I was forced to reinstall the OS last year. Before that, I was able to connect to it & access the data on it without any issues. When I plug it into my USB, it...
  4. Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected

Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected: This happened suddenly. I bought a new cable. Still doesn't work. The passport is definitely powering up. My OS is Windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  5. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  6. WD ssd's dashboard security

in Windows 10 Support
    WD ssd's dashboard security: Came across this little nugget of info, thought I would share for anyone with Western Digital drives who use the dashboard's. Hopefully there will be updates soon. Trivial Bugs in Western Digital SSD Utility Puts Owners at Risk 137722
  7. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  8. western digital my book

western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415
  9. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues: Hi There External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any, yes the drive is older, mostly used to store second copy of music files/pictures and kept under neath upstairs Computer...
  10. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need driver for wd blue ssd harddrive