Windows 10: Western Digital Unveils Next-Generation HDD Technology

Discus and support Western Digital Unveils Next-Generation HDD Technology in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Company Builds on its Leadership of Delivering Industry’s Highest Capacity Hard Drives with Demonstration of Breakthrough Innovation on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Western Digital Unveils Next-Generation HDD Technology

Source: Western Digital Unveils Next-Generation Technology To Preserve And Access The Next Decade Of Big Data | Western Digital (WD)

Brink, Oct 11, 2017

2. The real question is, will this lead to cheaper HDDs?

The price of 3TB HDDs (at my local supplier) has dropped a staggering $8 in the last 2 years. *Sick

:)

lehnerus2000, Oct 11, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    USB (all) not recognizing external drives

What exactly is your external drive ?

Is it a 2.5 inch SSD with an adapter, or Western Digital Passport thing, or a 3.5 inch HDD in a HDD dock ??

'Mike P, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Western Digital Unveils Next-Generation HDD Technology

PC freezing while playing games

My PC is freezing when I play games. It won't happen all the time and can happen anytime randomly. I installed Whocrashed and found these in dump files.

Screenshot - 8b3070f6cd1766580e9f2f154a3dc1c4 - Gyazo

This has been going on for about 2 years now and I just want it to be fixed.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz

RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170XP-SLI-CF (U3E1)

GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (EVGA)

HDD: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00KUWA0 (SATA)

HDD: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EFRX-68PJCN0 (SATA)

SSD: 232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)

EthanJameson, Oct 11, 2017
Thema:

Western Digital Unveils Next-Generation HDD Technology

1. Western Digital Unveils Next-Generation HDD Technology - Similar Threads - Western Digital Unveils

2. I accidently installed "Western Digital Technologies - WDC_SAM - 4.55.25.661" driver and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently installed "Western Digital Technologies - WDC_SAM - 4.55.25.661" driver and...: Just what the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-installed-western-digital/ec85182f-93ce-4dd1-8337-2e506770a7d1
  3. I accidently installed "Western Digital Technologies - WDC_SAM - 4.55.25.661" driver and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently installed "Western Digital Technologies - WDC_SAM - 4.55.25.661" driver and...: Just what the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-installed-western-digital/ec85182f-93ce-4dd1-8337-2e506770a7d1
  4. Microsoft will unveil the next generation of Windows on June 24

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will unveil the next generation of Windows on June 24: During Microsoft’s Build 2021 developer conference, which was all about developers, CEO Satya Nadella confirmed that Microsoft is working on the next generation of Windows, which was previously teased by Panos Panay during the company’s enterprise-focused Ignite event....
  5. Western Digital My passport ext hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital My passport ext hdd: Good morning folks, I,m having problems with the above 2tb drive.Whenever I connect to the laptop it switches itself on without me touching any keys so I have to "x" off it Tried just now to upload a photo and it seemed to disappear while I was trying to do so but...
  6. AMD Unveils Next-Generation PC Gaming with AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unveils Next-Generation PC Gaming with AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series: AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today unveiled the AMD Radeonâ„¢ RX 6000 Series graphics cards, delivering powerhouse performance, incredibly life-like visuals, and must-have features that set a new standard for enthusiast-class PC gaming experiences. Representing the forefront of...
  7. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  8. Format the Western Digital Technologies Extreme Plus SanDisk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format the Western Digital Technologies Extreme Plus SanDisk: Do I need to format the Western Digital Technologies Extreme Plus SanDisk to communicate with Pioneer 4500nex mounted in my automobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-the-western-digital-technologies-extreme/ffa0bb72-5e28-47aa-89fd-5e0ae3812c41
  9. Western Digital Unveils World Fastest 1TB UHS-I microSD Card at MWC19

in Windows 10 News
    Western Digital Unveils World Fastest 1TB UHS-I microSD Card at MWC19: As consumer demand for high-quality content continues to rise, Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) is enabling a bigger, faster experience with new industry-leading solutions that give consumers the best combination of performance and capacity so they can do more with the...
  10. western digital my book

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415