Windows 10: westerndigital my passport

Discus and support westerndigital my passport in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I connect my western digital my passport to my windows 10 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AydinGulseven, Dec 19, 2018.

1. westerndigital my passport

How can I connect my western digital my passport to my windows 10 laptop

:)

AydinGulseven, Dec 19, 2018

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Passport not seen

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the passport drive driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple steps to resolve the issue and check if t helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist try the below method information provided.

Method 2.

This issue usually occur due to the driver is out dated. I would suggest you to update the Disk driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Disk drives”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update. Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 19, 2018
  4. westerndigital my passport

A driver for WD passport compatible with windows 10

Hi Donna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try installing the WD passport driver in compatibility mode and check if this helps. I suggest you to install the drivers supplied by the manufacturer any disc or USB which came along with the WD passport drive.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    You can also visit the below link and try updating the driver and check.

Storing The Worlds Data | WD

If the issue still persist, I recommend you to contact WD passport team for further assistance.

WD Support

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

westerndigital my passport

1. westerndigital my passport - Similar Threads - westerndigital passport

2. my WD Passport stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my WD Passport stopped working: my WD Passport is plugged into my windows 11 computer. Somewhere I found out that it is installed, but I do not think it is working properly. First, it does not show up in my files. When I finally clicked enough times to finally get to my files, I discovered there are no new...
  3. my WD Passport stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my WD Passport stopped working: my WD Passport is plugged into my windows 11 computer. Somewhere I found out that it is installed, but I do not think it is working properly. First, it does not show up in my files. When I finally clicked enough times to finally get to my files, I discovered there are no new...
  4. Prevent Win 10 from putting external 2TB Western Digital My Passport SSD to sleep after 60...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Win 10 from putting external 2TB Western Digital My Passport SSD to sleep after 60...: Windows 10 Version 1809VivoBook X513EA 15.6" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7Hi.I recently purchased a external 2TB Western Digital My Passport SSD and when plugged in to my laptop it quickly goes to sleep after about a minute of not being read or written. It does this regardles of...
  5. Prevent Win 10 from putting external 2TB Western Digital My Passport SSD to sleep after 60...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Win 10 from putting external 2TB Western Digital My Passport SSD to sleep after 60...: Windows 10 Version 1809VivoBook X513EA 15.6" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7Hi.I recently purchased a external 2TB Western Digital My Passport SSD and when plugged in to my laptop it quickly goes to sleep after about a minute of not being read or written. It does this regardles of...
  6. Prevent Win 10 from putting external 2TB Western Digital My Passport SSD to sleep after 60...

7. WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11: I have a WD passport HDD that has files on it. I plugged it into my new computer running Windows 11. I can see the passport in device manager and it shows in disk management, but it doesn't show in explorer. I need to access some files on the drive....
  8. WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11

WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11: I have a WD passport HDD that has files on it. I plugged it into my new computer running Windows 11. I can see the passport in device manager and it shows in disk management, but it doesn't show in explorer. I need to access some files on the drive....
  9. Win10 Disk Management not recognizing my WesternDigital external backup drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Disk Management not recognizing my WesternDigital external backup drive: Hi, Moderators, if I have mis-categorized this question, please re-categorize as needed. I have Win10 on an HP desktop. I've been using a 4TB Western Digital external hard drive to back up my desktop data weekly and have had no problems doing this. The point is that this...
  10. 100% Disk Usage for my slave Hard drive - WesternDigital 1tb barracuda

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage for my slave Hard drive - WesternDigital 1tb barracuda: When (explorer.exe) Initial navigating of files causes 100% disk usage in drive D This is my unit: Processor: i7-4790 RAM: 16gb Mobo: MSI z97 gaming 3 GPU: NVIDIA 1050 Ti 2 Hard drive: 1) SSD - Kingston 120gb (local disk C:) 2) HDD - Western Digital 1tb (local disk D:)...