Windows 10: We've seen that password too many times before. Choose something harder to guess.

Discus and support We've seen that password too many times before. Choose something harder to guess. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My son and I tried to change the password on one of our computers because we had a message that there was a problem with his Microsoft account that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by hr0201, Mar 20, 2020.

1. hr0201 Win User

We've seen that password too many times before. Choose something harder to guess.

My son and I tried to change the password on one of our computers because we had a message that there was a problem with his Microsoft account that needed to be corrected in the Notification Panel. I suspected this because his account was no longer connected to Microsoft Family which I very highly recommend if you have children who are the best at controlling their computer usage - i.e. ANYONE WITH KIDS!. So that's why he was able to play for hours on Saturday instead of his 1.5 hour limit!

Anyway, he was required to login to his MS account at login.live.com But his password didn't work. It's the same for his MS connected account on all of our computers. So we were forced to reset his password by sending a code to the recovery email address.

But we tried and tried and kept getting the error:

We've seen that password too many times before. Choose something harder to guess.

All kinds of passwords with capital and lower case letters, special charcters spaces, exclamation points... first 8 characters. Then 10. Then 12. Then 15. Ones that I put on several virus checking sites. 4 months to crack. 18 years. 3269 centuries. 429 billion years. Same freaking message: "Choose something harder to guess." Yeah, right! AgghhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tried different browsers. Logging out and back in. WHAT THE *******************!?

I searched online and saw many people had this problem. But on most of the sites replies had been blocked. WHAT?

Anyway, after hours of trying, one was finally accepted that was 10 characters long... Now my son is finally back to his scheduled limits, which much faired and easier to accept than papa just saying "You've used the computer enough today!"

Well, I just wanted to vent. And let all the other people having the same problem know that it seems to be arbitrary. And call me cynical, but I think there's a coverup! ;-

Be patient. Be strong. Look at some really funny shares about Covid-19. Maybe try on different computers too...

Good luck finding a solution! May the force be with you.

Harry

:)

hr0201, Mar 20, 2020

2. Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Mar 20, 2020
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. We've seen that password too many times before. Choose something harder to guess. - Similar Threads - We've password too

2. Locked out too many times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out too many times: I am running Windwos 11 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad 3. My problem is that when logging into my laptop, if I mess up my pin ONCE, the error message "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep...
  3. wrong pin too many times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong pin too many times: Hi everyone!I made the mistake that i upgraded my win 11 on my laptop asus fx705 when i got the message, that upgrade available-- never ever again--Didn't realise that after this update my numlock automatically turns on when i turn my laptop on.Typed my 4digit pin, got a...
  4. wrong pin too many times

wrong pin too many times: Hi everyone!I made the mistake that i upgraded my win 11 on my laptop asus fx705 when i got the message, that upgrade available-- never ever again--Didn't realise that after this update my numlock automatically turns on when i turn my laptop on.Typed my 4digit pin, got a...
  5. Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Hello Everyone and thank you in advance.I have a computer that say "Incorrect PIN too Many Times. Reboot the computer to try again" It's a translation from a different languageI have read several threads before posting this question. All of them recommend to change the login...
  6. Incorrect PIN too Many Times

Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Hello Everyone and thank you in advance.I have a computer that say "Incorrect PIN too Many Times. Reboot the computer to try again" It's a translation from a different languageI have read several threads before posting this question. All of them recommend to change the login...
  7. Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. "Entered PIN too many times..."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Entered PIN too many times...": 1. Did Microsoft put the lock button above the backspace on their keyboards as a punishment for things I did in a past life?Answer: Yes, almost definitely.2. Did the Industrial Designer who worked on the button placement do it as a prank and no one at Microsoft...
  9. User photo - too many to choose from

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User photo - too many to choose from: EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 OS build19042.746 If I visit Settings > Accounts > Your info then I see a large rendition of the photo of self that is used at Sign In - but also, alongside it, a choice of others (all smaller in size) that are all personal and recognisable...
  10. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weve seen that password too many times before. choose something harder to guess

2. weve seen that password too many times before. choose something harder to guess.

3. Weve seen that password too many times before. Choose something that is more difficult to guess.

4. we have seen this password too many times,
  5. weve seen this password too many times,
  6. Weve seen that password too many times before. Choose something harder to guess. View details,
  7. we have seen that password too many times before,
  8. office 365 weve seen that password too many times,
  9. weve seen that password too many times before,
  10. why is it showing we ve seen the passwordtoo many times before,
  11. weve seen that password too many times before.,
  12. outlook weve seen that passowrd too many times before,
  13. Outlook weve seen that password many times,
  14. weve seen that password too many times,
  15. Weve seen that password too many times before. Choose something that is more difficult to gues