Windows 10: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

Discus and support WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting this, intermittently, for the last couple of months when gaming through Steam. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Alienware laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cindy57, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Cindy57 Win User

WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

I've been getting this, intermittently, for the last couple of months when gaming through Steam. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Alienware laptop with an nVidia GEForce video card. Seems to occur the most with games running the Unreal Engine.

My windows version and all drivers are up to date.

Is there a system error log that provides additional information on what is triggering this? Seems very generic and does not give me a place to start troubleshooting.

:)

Cindy57, Oct 1, 2020
  2. J Soares Win User

Constant WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Hello,

I've been having constant bouts

WFP_INVALID_OPERATION BSOD

BSOD error since the big Creators Fall Update (or whatever it was called)

I've run most of the steps advised and even reinstalled windows 10 through a USB pen as advised.

The error eventually always comes back and sometimes as an Orange BSOD.

Always happens when I'm gaming or doing something requiring a high graphics input.

I've updated all my drivers, and have three more recent minidumps if you need them I'll link them below

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I hope you can help.

Regards,

J Soares, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    How to troubleshoot WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Hi Tom,

This issue is a possible result of a system incompatibility. We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please provide the following information:

• Do still have access on your desktop?
    • Where are you getting the error message?
    • Can you tell us what part of your system that are affect by this error message?

In the meantime, we have an article that can you in resolving you issue. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provide in this
    link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 1, 2020
  4. WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

Blue Screen of Death WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Good day!

I have been experiencing BSOD with Stop code: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION.

I have observed that this usually happens every time I play DOTA 2 and plug in my Laptop (Acer Aspire VX5-5916-532R) . However I am not experiencing this specific BSOD if i do not plug in my laptop while playing.

I have already tried to fully reset my laptop and reinstall DOTA 2, but BSOD with Stop Code: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION still occurred when i again played DOTA 2 and plugged in my laptop.

I am attaching a link below that shows my DMP files and MSinfo.

I would sincerely appreciate any help in fixing my laptop.

Thank you.

https://uapasia0-my.sharepoint.com/...xPpmPt7wFXW00BcnbrwM-B1EuDqr5IfPbj2A?e=9NBv7V

Johnly Pepito, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

1. WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error - Similar Threads - WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

2. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  3. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  4. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied: Hi,I have tried to re-install Windows 10 using a USB following the above error code. I have used prompts and the advice: On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer...
  5. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied: Hi,I have tried to re-install Windows 10 using a USB following the above error code. I have used prompts and the advice: On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer...
  6. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  7. Fix WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Blue Screen error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Blue Screen error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC users have reported that on occasion, they do get the WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Blue Screen error at random but especially when playing certain games on their computer. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions affected PC users...
  8. Blue Screen of Death WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death WFP_INVALID_OPERATION: Good day! I have been experiencing BSOD with Stop code: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION. I have observed that this usually happens every time I play DOTA 2 and plug in my Laptop (Acer Aspire VX5-5916-532R) . However I am not experiencing this specific BSOD if i do not plug in my...
  9. Windows blue screen error when turning on games : WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Windows blue screen error when turning on games : WFP_INVALID_OPERATION: This problem has been pretty consistent and it's detoriating. I have tried checking for updates before every game, which worked at the start, as well as checking to see if my drivers were up to date [Though I did this manually]. I've also tried all the other methods, albeit...
  10. WFP_Invalid_Operation

WFP_Invalid_Operation: Hello, I'm from Turkey.I bought this PC 2 years ago.But a error started 10/9 days ago.It crashed my PC 5 or more times and I'm scared of this when it brings me to blue screen it says WFP invalid operation can you give me a way to fix this? Also when I open my PC it says you...