Windows 10: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

Discus and support WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting this, intermittently, for the last couple of months when gaming through Steam. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Alienware laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cindy57, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Cindy57 Win User

WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

I've been getting this, intermittently, for the last couple of months when gaming through Steam. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Alienware laptop with an nVidia GEForce video card. Seems to occur the most with games running the Unreal Engine.

My windows version and all drivers are up to date.

Is there a system error log that provides additional information on what is triggering this? Seems very generic and does not give me a place to start troubleshooting.

:)

Cindy57, Oct 1, 2020
  2. J Soares Win User

Constant WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Hello,

I've been having constant bouts

WFP_INVALID_OPERATION BSOD

BSOD error since the big Creators Fall Update (or whatever it was called)

I've run most of the steps advised and even reinstalled windows 10 through a USB pen as advised.

The error eventually always comes back and sometimes as an Orange BSOD.

Always happens when I'm gaming or doing something requiring a high graphics input.

I've updated all my drivers, and have three more recent minidumps if you need them I'll link them below

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I hope you can help.

Regards,

J Soares, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    How to troubleshoot WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Hi Tom,

This issue is a possible result of a system incompatibility. We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please provide the following information:

• Do still have access on your desktop?
    • Where are you getting the error message?
    • Can you tell us what part of your system that are affect by this error message?

In the meantime, we have an article that can you in resolving you issue. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provide in this
    link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 1, 2020
  4. WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

Blue Screen of Death WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Good day!

I have been experiencing BSOD with Stop code: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION.

I have observed that this usually happens every time I play DOTA 2 and plug in my Laptop (Acer Aspire VX5-5916-532R) . However I am not experiencing this specific BSOD if i do not plug in my laptop while playing.

I have already tried to fully reset my laptop and reinstall DOTA 2, but BSOD with Stop Code: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION still occurred when i again played DOTA 2 and plugged in my laptop.

I am attaching a link below that shows my DMP files and MSinfo.

I would sincerely appreciate any help in fixing my laptop.

Thank you.

https://uapasia0-my.sharepoint.com/...xPpmPt7wFXW00BcnbrwM-B1EuDqr5IfPbj2A?e=9NBv7V

Johnly Pepito, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

1. WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error - Similar Threads - WFP_INVALID_OPERATION Error

2. Blue screen errors after an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen errors after an update: Hello, my pc got an Blue screen error after update.please tell me the proper solution of this. ERROR CODE: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED WHAT FAILED: Wpprecorder.sys...
  3. my lenovo ideapad flex 5 touch has stopped working and i have wacomm code 10 error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my lenovo ideapad flex 5 touch has stopped working and i have wacomm code 10 error: i am new to the community and posted this elsewhere. i have been informed my a community member that the wacomm code 10 error is related to the touch and will not corrupt my whole computer and since i don't use touch anyway i should not have further issues. lenovo ideapad...
  4. Windows 10 update error error code 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update error error code 0x800f081f: Hello everyone, So I was facing a issue when updating my windows to windows 20H2. For present I am using windows version 2004. When updating it shows an error which you can find below with a error code 0x800f081f. Thank You!...
  5. Windows Reactivation Error After New Hardware Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reactivation Error After New Hardware Install: Hello I recently replaced my CPU, Motherboard and RAM. My Windows was originally 8.1 and then received the free upgrade to Windows 10. Since replacing my hardware I get "activate windows" on the bottom right of my screen and no matter what I try I can't reactivate Windows....
  6. BSOD after idle - subsequent failure to start PC - error code 0xc0000001

BSOD after idle - subsequent failure to start PC - error code 0xc0000001: Hi, I previously reported a very similar PC issue PC freezes after being left idle for a few hours, then failed to start PC power, ultimately system-restored and reinstalled Windows which was resolved in September 2020, but apparently, not thoroughly. Please see this previous...
  7. Windows Update Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005....
  8. Blue Screen of Death WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Blue Screen of Death WFP_INVALID_OPERATION: Good day! I have been experiencing BSOD with Stop code: WFP_INVALID_OPERATION. I have observed that this usually happens every time I play DOTA 2 and plug in my Laptop (Acer Aspire VX5-5916-532R) . However I am not experiencing this specific BSOD if i do not plug in my...
  9. Windows blue screen error when turning on games : WFP_INVALID_OPERATION

Windows blue screen error when turning on games : WFP_INVALID_OPERATION: This problem has been pretty consistent and it's detoriating. I have tried checking for updates before every game, which worked at the start, as well as checking to see if my drivers were up to date [Though I did this manually]. I've also tried all the other methods, albeit...
  10. WFP_Invalid_Operation

WFP_Invalid_Operation: Hello, I'm from Turkey.I bought this PC 2 years ago.But a error started 10/9 days ago.It crashed my PC 5 or more times and I'm scared of this when it brings me to blue screen it says WFP invalid operation can you give me a way to fix this? Also when I open my PC it says you...