Windows 10: What 3d boolean library is used for example for subtract/combine?

Discus and support What 3d boolean library is used for example for subtract/combine? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, As a programmer I am tasked with figuring out a method to subtract/combine 3d models. I know from my 3D printing hobby that Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ManIkWeet, Mar 13, 2020.

1. ManIkWeet Win User

What 3d boolean library is used for example for subtract/combine?

Hello all,

As a programmer I am tasked with figuring out a method to subtract/combine 3d models.

I know from my 3D printing hobby that Microsoft's 3D builder does a really good job when it comes to these actions.

I have tried some opensource/free libraries but they don't come near the robustness that 3D Builder achieves.

3D builder doesn't show anywhere which libraries are used, so I guess it might be something internal from Microsoft themselves.

If that's the case I wonder if that internal code is available somehow; for example, there are 2D Geometry classes available in System.Windows.Media that allow to combine/subtract 2D objects.

I realize this is a very technical question, sorry for that ;

:)

ManIkWeet, Mar 13, 2020
  2. IHM2550 Win User

paint 3d library

paint 3d library is blocked by IT security, need to know what site should be white listed in order get 3D library

IHM2550, Mar 13, 2020
  3. IHM2550 Win User
    paint 3d library

paint 3d library is blocked by IT security, need to know what site should be white listed in order get 3D library

IHM2550, Mar 13, 2020
  4. IHM2550 Win User

paint 3d library

Greetings,

IHM2550, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. What 3d boolean library is used for example for subtract/combine? - Similar Threads - boolean library used

2. 3D builder can't subtract or zoom?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3D builder can't subtract or zoom?: I am wanting to edit an object, by adding another object to it & then subtracting. But the subtract button is greyed out. I have tried turning on & off snap & collision in settings, to no avail.I also can't work out how to zoom. Instructs say roll the mouse, but I'm on a...
  3. 3D builder can't subtract or zoom?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D builder can't subtract or zoom?: I am wanting to edit an object, by adding another object to it & then subtracting. But the subtract button is greyed out. I have tried turning on & off snap & collision in settings, to no avail.I also can't work out how to zoom. Instructs say roll the mouse, but I'm on a...
  4. 3D builder can't subtract or zoom?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using Paint 3D Models From the "3D Library"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Paint 3D Models From the "3D Library": I am working on a 3D game, and have used a model from the 3D Library in my game, but unsure about copyright issues, can I use them in the game i can give credits in the game description, or am I not allowed to use them at all The platform the game will go up on is Roblox...
  6. Using Paint 3D Models From the "3D Library"

Using Paint 3D Models From the "3D Library": I am working on a 3D game, and have used a model from the 3D Library in my game, but unsure about copyright issues, can I use them in the game i can give credits in the game description, or am I not allowed to use them at all The platform the game will go up on is Roblox...
  7. 3D Builder - holes, subtraction, and collision

3D Builder - holes, subtraction, and collision: I am making models from old pieces, sometimes I need to subtract material. I am aware that large bits can be sliced off with "Split", and then discarded. However, small details don't seem to be removable by the same method. My inquiry here is: do we create a shape, make it...
  8. Paint 3D - using 3D library figures in a published paper

Paint 3D - using 3D library figures in a published paper: Hi, When using Paint 3D, am I allowed to use items from the 3D library for example laptop in conjunction with other drawings designed by me to create an illustrative figure of my experiments and then use the whole as a figure in my article to be published in a journal...
  9. 3D library in Paint 3D

3D library in Paint 3D: Whenever I try to retrieve an item from the 3D library in Paint 3D, I get the error message, "We Couldn't Place this Model. Try again later." Is this happening because people are removing their work from this library?...
  10. 3D library

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    3D library: When you retire Remix3D, are you going to retire the 3D library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-library/845ecb40-9b07-41f5-855e-48d49f53e7e7"