Windows 10: What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept?

Discus and support What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, The whole Windows Subsystem for Linux is a VERY nice feature; Google is still keeping up their chrome os project with the "you can run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SephirothBahamut, Jan 1, 2019.

1. What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept?

Greetings,

The whole Windows Subsystem for Linux is a VERY nice feature; Google is still keeping up their chrome os project with the "you can run android apps" thing as main selling point, although third party applications like Nox and Bluestacks already let you do that on windows through emulation.

My point is, Android is built on Linux kernel, and WSL ties linux with windows; wouldn't it be a good, already working base to start working on a native support for android apps on windows?

Why hasn't this been done? It would even benefit devices like thesurface pro, other than making android apps testing on desktop more direct (the same way you can set visual studio to target wsl as linux support for testing purposes)

:)

SephirothBahamut, Jan 1, 2019
  2. mt_live Win User

When windows phone will support native code apps?

According to
    http://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-app-platform/suggestions/1755203-native-sdk-to-support-c-development

windows phone may support native code apps some day.

But will 1st and 2nd gen windows phone devices get that feature? I mean may be it will be available just in Windows phone 8 and current phone may not get it.

Native code apps are very important for me. For example you can run J2ME apps by an emulator written in native codes (like in windows mobile), and many interesting apps which you can find in android.

mt_live, Jan 1, 2019
  3. farlex85 Win User
    Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Jan 1, 2019
  4. t_ski Win User

What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept?

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept? :(

t_ski, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept?

1. What about natively supporting Android apps through WSL's concept? - Similar Threads - natively supporting Android

2. Native Android app support for Windows 10 is still on track for 2021 launch

in Windows 10 News
    Native Android app support for Windows 10 is still on track for 2021 launch: After abandoning Project Astoria, Microsoft has been looking into ways of bringing Android apps to Windows 10 and it has already enabled streaming support via the Your Phone app for select Samsung phones. Microsoft’s latest idea is “Project Latte”, which aims to help...
  3. Turn off native controller support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off native controller support?: I have controller companion so I can use my PC with my xbox controller. Well Windows 10 has its own controller support that only allows you to navigate the start menu and other various menus, which conflicts with controller companion sometimes. Is there a way to turn off the...
  4. Microsoft Edge Native App support for Apple Silicon Macs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Native App support for Apple Silicon Macs: We now have public Canary and Dev versions of Microsoft Edge that run natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1 Macs, ARM64 Macs). To download, click on either the Canary or Dev channel links below: Canary - Microsoft Edge Canary Channel (microsoftedgeinsider.com) Dev - Microsoft...
  5. Windows 10’s Android apps support: Here’s what you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Android apps support: Here’s what you need to know: Codenamed Project Latte, Microsoft’s new initiative will allow users to run their favourite Android apps on Windows 10 PCs. This project, if approved by the top leadership, will allow developers to bring their Android apps to the Windows 10 Store by just using a package...
  6. Windows 10 is reportedly getting native Android apps support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is reportedly getting native Android apps support: Microsoft is working on a new project that will close the ‘app gap’ in the Microsoft Store (also known as Windows Store). Reports of running Android apps natively on Windows 10 go back to 2014 when Microsoft started exploring ‘Project Astoria’ and ‘Project Islandwood’, which...
  7. Motherboards with native Dolby Atmos support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboards with native Dolby Atmos support: Hi! For a long time I used Lenovo Y720 laptop. After that I switched to Lenovo C730 desktop. Both computers has native Dolby Atmos support - audio driver comes with native Dolby Atmos app, it looks similar to this. [img] Now I want to build my own setup, but I'm just...
  8. Windows 10 native android app emulation

Windows 10 native android app emulation: This is primarily a feature request, if we make enough noise, maybe someone at Microsoft notices. Back in the W10 mobile days, they NEARLY got Android app emulation working. Project Astoria carried promise, i had Android apps running on my desktop. And then they killed it....
  9. Question about wsl

Question about wsl: how heavy is wsl? im on a laptop running win 10 18310 with a pentium processsor. will i be fine or will this create problem submitted by /u/TonyTanduay [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic27f5/question_about_wsl/
  10. Surface Studio - Concepts App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Studio - Concepts App: Hi everyone, I am new to Surface Studio, trying to install concepts App. The error message I am receiving is about not have the right equipment connected to my microsoft account. See pictures attached. The surface studio is registered and connected to my microsoft account....