Windows 10: What access does a "workplace account" on my home PC have and how do I remove it ?

Discus and support What access does a "workplace account" on my home PC have and how do I remove it ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have only ever used outlook365 with my work account on my home pc (via web browser) yet somehow it has appeared in the account section of settings:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alrenai, Dec 15, 2019.

1. What access does a "workplace account" on my home PC have and how do I remove it ?

I have only ever used outlook365 with my work account on my home pc (via web browser) yet somehow it has appeared in the account section of settings:

https://imgur.com/xWgMyE3

When I click manage I get :

https://imgur.com/q8ZnxFr

What does "workplace joined" mean? Can people see my home pc data via this if they have admin privledges for work AD account?

How can I remove this from my home pc and ensure it doesn't happen again? I only have the option to "sign out of all accounts" I see no way of removing it

submitted by /u/Alrenai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alrenai, Dec 15, 2019

2. Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Alcal11 Win User
    Remove workplace account from Lumia 950

This didn't work. I have successfully removed the email and calendar links, but the phone is still trying to connect to my workplace account. These are listed separately from emails. The emails offer a delete function. The Microsoft accounts linked to
    other apps, such as a workplace account do not give a delete option. You are allowed to add accounts, but I need to remove one.

Alcal11, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

What access does a "workplace account" on my home PC have and how do I remove it ?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

What access does a "workplace account" on my home PC have and how do I remove it ?

1. What access does a "workplace account" on my home PC have and how do I remove it ? - Similar Threads - access does workplace

2. How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?: I quit my job this year but my workplace email still appears in my list of accounts.I've read I should be able to highlight the account in question and disable it that way, but it doesn't show that option for me. Instead it just says: "Manage"Which leads me to the Microsoft...
  3. How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?: I quit my job this year but my workplace email still appears in my list of accounts.I've read I should be able to highlight the account in question and disable it that way, but it doesn't show that option for me. Instead it just says: "Manage"Which leads me to the Microsoft...
  4. How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer: How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer. I am able to logon to microsoftonline with that account and it shows my device, but I am unable to remove it. My personal home computer was added to Office 365 when I logged in to see my work files.I can see an...
  6. How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer

How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer: How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer. I am able to logon to microsoftonline with that account and it shows my device, but I am unable to remove it. My personal home computer was added to Office 365 when I logged in to see my work files.I can see an...
  7. Remove an old workplace account from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an old workplace account from my PC: Hi,I did some contract work for a business, and they issued me with an Office 365 email address with access to Sharepoint - ie a workplace account. When the contract finished, I deleted well I thought I did everything from my PC, and the business disabled my user...
  8. Remove an old workplace account from my PC

Remove an old workplace account from my PC: Hi,I did some contract work for a business, and they issued me with an Office 365 email address with access to Sharepoint - ie a workplace account. When the contract finished, I deleted well I thought I did everything from my PC, and the business disabled my user...
  9. how do i remove a workplace account from my own device after my workplace account has been...

how do i remove a workplace account from my own device after my workplace account has been...: I do not have the remove button when I go to the workplace account setting on my own device, just the manage button. To be able to manage I would need a live AD account which I do not have as I no longer work at the organisation in question. How do I remove this from my...
  10. Remove old workplace account

Remove old workplace account: I had my old work e-mail account with Microsoft added to my personal computer. I no longer work at that office and can't login to remove it from my E-mail & Accounts used by other apps. The only option it gives me in Settings>Email & Accounts is to manage it, which takes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have a gmail account how do i access company workplace