Windows 10: What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ?

Discus and support What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a free OneDrive account. My two computers connect automatically so it hasn't been a problem that I have forgotten the account I use for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bob12603, Jun 14, 2019.

1. bob12603 Win User

What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ?

I have a free OneDrive account. My two computers connect automatically so it hasn't been a problem that I have forgotten the account I use for OneDrive. But now I would like a third computer to access the same files. So now I have to know the account and password. Is there a place somewhere in Windows (10 or 7) where I can see the account and password?

Thanks, Bob

:)

bob12603, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 14, 2019
  4. What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ?

Recovery of onedrive user id and password.

This will be the same email address and password combination that you use for your Microsoft Account.

Depending on whether your phone is on WP8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile, the exact steps might be slightly different.

Go to Settings, and then go to Email and Accounts. Whatever is listed first as your Microsoft Account is the email address you want to use for your OneDrive (in most cases).

If you can't remember the password for your Microsoft Account, from the web you can go the steps for "I forgot my password" on any Microsoft log in page. If you need help with this, ask below and someone can walk you through it.

Joel in Vic, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ?

1. What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ? - Similar Threads - Account password Using

2. What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What Account (and password) Am I Using for OneDrive ?: I have a free OneDrive account. My two computers connect automatically so it hasn't been a problem that I have forgotten the account I use for OneDrive. But now I would like a third computer to access the same files. So now I have to know the account and password. Is there a...
  3. what windows am I running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what windows am I running: what windows am I running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-windows-am-i-running/defb00ca-fa20-4ba4-8713-c79e01202944
  4. I am using

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am using: Windows 10. When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time. How do I eliminate Chrome from opening automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-using/69586e2a-a4d8-4053-9732-fa133667d866
  5. After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive: Windows 10 Pro, One Drive, MS Office 2016 I changed my password, but when I save MS Office documents to OneDrive, I am always asked to enter my password. Only saving, not opening. And only MS documents, not Adobe, Autodesk, or any other company. I'm not sure of what other...
  6. I am not sure what this means

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not sure what this means: What does this mean and how can I fix this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/i-am-not-sure-what-this-means/806064e1-d44b-4360-a627-13e7a614bc9a
  7. i can't sign in using microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i can't sign in using microsoft account password: [ATTACH] well.. I saved a separate password which I forgot . the below is first. the above one is second. [ATTACH] please help me with this.......
  8. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What am I doing wrong?: Hi, I have been trying to create custom Windows themes complete with background images and sounds which I have no problem getting to work on my computer. The problem I am having is when I save the theme the file size is extremely small and when I shared it with someone to try...
  9. How can I tell what Theme I am using?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I tell what Theme I am using?: I know this is a strange question but I wonder how I can tell what Theme I selected. I just built a new system for my wife and am having a VERY hard time seeing items on things like File Explorer. Some items in file explorer like Date and Size, etc are very dim and when I...
  10. OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?: If I open OneDrive from the taskbar, open a folder, click on a file and then click "Share" a pane opens on the right hand side of the window. I am then invited to create an email account. I have done this but set up my existing email provided by my ISP. I am then invited to...