Windows 10: What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?

Discus and support What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering when a child can manage their own account and what happens when they reach that age but are already in a Microsoft family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JonathanKo1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?

Hi, I was wondering when a child can manage their own account and what happens when they reach that age but are already in a Microsoft family

:)

JonathanKo1, Feb 24, 2020

2. Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Both myself and my daughter have Windows Phones, however I have set her account up as a child account. Normally I have the setting for "Purchases" disabled, however the process to buy apps on her account when needed is incredibly tedious.

1. Sign in as child on the zune.net website

2. Enable Purchases

3. Sign in as Parent to authorise the change

4. Wait *ages* for the change to take effect

5. Go back to the app store and buy the app (or wait if the change isn't in effect yet)

6. Once installed, repeat steps 1-4 to disable purchases again

7. Hope in the meantime your child hasn't taken the opportunity to buy lots of other stuff as well What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves? :)

It would be really great if a different system could be implemented. How about:

• Child tries to buy the app, a notification goes to the parent to "approve" the purchase, or;
    • The parent is able to manage child accounts directly under their own zune.net account and can buy "on behalf of...". or;
    • When the child tries to buy an app, it just prompts at that time for the parent to login to "sign for" and approve the purchase
    I love the option to have and manage child accounts and the family security settings, but this particular process is really painful.

Regards,

Scott.

Scott_Williams, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

jeromeHarrison, Feb 24, 2020
  4. What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?

1. What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves? - Similar Threads - age child able

2. No longer able to manage child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to manage child account: Dear Family SafetyI had two accounts set up that are now consolidated into one. Apparently, I registered one family to manage an older kiddo under one of the accounts and another family to manage the younger one, nine years younger. As a result of the recent changes, I can...
  3. No longer able to manage child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to manage child account: Dear Family SafetyI had two accounts set up that are now consolidated into one. Apparently, I registered one family to manage an older kiddo under one of the accounts and another family to manage the younger one, nine years younger. As a result of the recent changes, I can...
  4. Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?: I have been trying to update the age of a child account in my family however there is no option to do so. According to another previous help article there should be an option on this page to update the childs details.These are all the options which are avalible to me however...
  5. changing a childs age

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing a childs age: how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-childs-age/72c8dce8-c431-4e83-be33-2d5b9ca8f826
  6. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  7. My child locked themselves out of their account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My child locked themselves out of their account: My child decided it was smart to convert their local login to a new Microsoft account they created using a false date of birth and then promptly forgot the password, so we are unable to recover the account, nor login to their Windows 10 account. Is there a way that an...
  8. Parental controls - managing childs age

Parental controls - managing childs age: I have recently added my childs account to our family group. I am the parent just to be clear. However, I cannot manage my childs account info - when I click the link, the browser window "manage my childs account/Administrer mit barns profiloplysninger" just shows up empty,...
  9. Child’s age for activity report?

Child’s age for activity report?: I just set up activity reports on my sons laptop but have now received an email that he has turned it off and had access to do this based on his age. What age gives him this authorisation? He’s15!...
  10. How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?

How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?: Hi, I have just set up a child account for my son (12), and it appears he is able to log into his Microsoft account and change his age, thereby removing himself from the Family settings I have in place. How is this even possible? It seems there is no way for me, the adult his...