Windows 10: What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation?

Discus and support What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm not incredibly tech-savy. Recently my laptop has had some Windows issues, so I am trying to re-install windows after a factory reset. The steps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Interstelle, Jan 16, 2021.

1. What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation?

So I'm not incredibly tech-savy. Recently my laptop has had some Windows issues, so I am trying to re-install windows after a factory reset. The steps I have taken are:

1. Run the Windows installation tool to create a USB for it.
    2. Set that USB to the top in the BOOT order.

When running the laptop, the windows installer comes up fine, but when it gets to the "Select the driver to install" page, it is completely empty (and none of my options are have "signed device drivers". Could someone please elaborate on what I am missing or what step I should take next? Thanks in advance, and my apologies for the noob question. I've never installed Windows from a USB before.

submitted by /u/Interstelle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Interstelle, Jan 16, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 16, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 16, 2021
  4. DaveK Win User

What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation?

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation? :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation?

1. What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation? - Similar Threads - doing wrong USB

2. Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?: Further to my earlier question whether to clone or do a clean install after replacing the HDD in a laptop with a SSD I thought I'd post this follow up question to see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.I decided to go with a clean install and I installed the SSD into the...
  3. Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?: Further to my earlier question whether to clone or do a clean install after replacing the HDD in a laptop with a SSD I thought I'd post this follow up question to see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.I decided to go with a clean install and I installed the SSD into the...
  4. Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What am I doing wrong?: My pc is from 2013 and it runs Windows 8.1 pro fine. Someone recommended that I get off win8.1 and install 10 so at the time there was the 1803 version so I installed that and it's ok. But the windows partition randomly gets corrupt when I turn my pc on. It only happens with...
  6. What am i doing wrong?? pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What am i doing wrong?? pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lucrez_lz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h93ez1/what_am_i_doing_wrong_pls_help/
  7. MediaCreationTool -- What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MediaCreationTool -- What am I doing wrong?: This worked a few weeks ago. Path to Media Creation Tool is 'd:\Acer G9-792\Create your own Windows 10 installation media\MediaCreationTool1803.exe' I created a Firewall Rule to allow it through. Now I'm getting this error: "There was a problem running this tool....
  8. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What am I doing wrong?: Hi, I have been trying to create custom Windows themes complete with background images and sounds which I have no problem getting to work on my computer. The problem I am having is when I save the theme the file size is extremely small and when I shared it with someone to try...
  9. OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?: If I open OneDrive from the taskbar, open a folder, click on a file and then click "Share" a pane opens on the right hand side of the window. I am then invited to create an email account. I have done this but set up my existing email provided by my ISP. I am then invited to...
  10. What am I doing wrong in trying to boot via USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What am I doing wrong in trying to boot via USB?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 ultrabook, it's just over a year old. I have made a bootable Windows 8.1 USB flash drive. My aim is to dual boot it with Windows 10. However, I'm not having any luck booting from it. I have read several websites regarding booting & setting a priority in...