Windows 10: What and how do I get my security key

Discus and support What and how do I get my security key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just received my desktop computer with Windows 10 on it from my ex-wive's house. I don't know if she tried to log into my account of if Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AntonyFigueroa, Feb 17, 2019.

1. What and how do I get my security key

I have just received my desktop computer with Windows 10 on it from my ex-wive's house. I don't know if she tried to log into my account of if Windows locked the drive because the router has changed. I have the recovery code, which is 25 alpha-numeric characters but I don't have the recovery KEY required to start the computer. How do I get it? Nothing on this site is actually leading me to the answer. So frustrated.

:)

AntonyFigueroa, Feb 17, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 17, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Aegis Secure Key 3.0 Announced with 480GB Capacity

Apricorn, the leading manufacturer of software-free, hardware-encrypted USB drives, added three new sizes to their already expansive Aegis Secure Key 3.0 line, raising the total number of capacity options to seven (8, 16, 30, 60, 120, 240, and 480 GB.) With last year's introduction of the 240GB Aegis Secure Key 3, Apricorn had already doubled the storage capacity of the nearest competitor. This year, Apricorn has again doubled down on that size advantage with their new 480GB Secure Key: roughly four times the competition's max size of 120GB. And with the falling cost of flash storage, these larger capacity, super secure hardware-encrypted flash keys have rapidly become the ideal tool for corporate data security deployment.

"This is our most advanced product to date; besides packing half a terabyte of encrypted data into a thumbdrive, we have expanded its feature set to surpass any rival," says Mike McCandless, Apricorn's VP of Sales and Marketing. "And keeping true to the Apricorn tradition, The ASK 3.0 is completely software-free, cross-platform compatible with any OS, and has embedded authentication so no security parameters are ever shared with the host."

What and how do I get my security key 114b_thm.jpg

What and how do I get my security key 114a_thm.jpg

Beyond the expansion in size range, the Secure Key 3.0 carries the highest portable device security validation that the NIST grants: FIPS 140-2 level 3, and boasts an impressive list of features that surpasses other flash keys in its class such as a separate admin and user mode, two read-only modes, forced enrollment, programmable brute-force defense, a lock-override mode, plus a host of additional features that permit the Secure Key 3.0 to adhere to most security policies.

"Now that our high-capacity Secure Keys have come down so much in price, CISOs are rethinking the role of encrypted thumb drives in their business. No longer are they limited to carrying and storing small amounts of data. Now you've got secure, affordable flash storage capacities ranging up to nearly half a terabyte, USB 3.0 and flash transfer speeds, plus a laundry list of advanced security features; yet we're still only talking about a device that is about the size of a pack of gum."

Features
    • FIPS 140-2 level 3 validated; IP58 Certified
    • Embedded Keypad for host-free authentication
    • Auto-Lock Feature - Automatically locks after a predetermined period of inactivity
    • Drive Reset Feature - Allows for redeployment after wiping drive's data
    • Lock Override - Permits the drive to remain unlocked during port re-enumeration
    • Programmable Brute Force Protection - Sets the number of brute force attempts allowed, up to 20
    • Self-Destruct Feature - Designate a Self-Destruct PIN to wipe and reset the device
    • Tamper resistant / evident design
    • 3-Year Limited Warranty
    Starting at $99, Apricorn's Aegis Secure Key 3.0 is available in 8GB, 16GB, 30GB, 60GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB from most online retailers.

btarunr, Feb 17, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

What and how do I get my security key

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

What and how do I get my security key

1. What and how do I get my security key - Similar Threads - security key

2. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  3. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  4. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  5. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  6. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  7. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  10. Windows hello Security key configuration issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello Security key configuration issue: Hello I am facing an issue while configuring the security key with Windows Hello on multiple machines. When we go to Windows hello-- Account sign in option-->Security Key--> manage. It keeps spinning. Also, I observed while trying to set PINWindows Hello after entering pin it...