Windows 10: What and where are network credentials??

Discus and support What and where are network credentials?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This should be such a simple thing, but Microsoft has a dozen answers and none of them help. I want to, I used to be able to, access one computer from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Airycat, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Airycat Win User

What and where are network credentials??

This should be such a simple thing, but Microsoft has a dozen answers and none of them help. I want to, I used to be able to, access one computer from another, only within my home, not anywhere else at least for now-probably forever. I finally got it so I can see other computers again, but I'm asked for network credentials. I have found several passwords one about 50 characters long!! by following directions on how to find them. Not one is correct. Except for my isp logon, I have no idea what they're for.I found directions here to get rid of the requirement for credentials, but either the

:)

Airycat, Jul 21, 2021

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jul 21, 2021
  4. What and where are network credentials??

Network Credentials - Windows 10

Hi Ford,

On this thread, one of the mentioned reasons why you encounter the networking error is due to an incorrect setup on the credentials. To determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• How many devices are affected?
    • Are you getting any error messages when connecting to a network? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

What and where are network credentials??

1. What and where are network credentials?? - Similar Threads - where are network

2. What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...: Just starting up a new Dell XPS 8950 running Win 11 Pro. I can't get it to connect to my other computers. I have tried several versions but none of these worked. I need to make several computers connect for file sharing.The computers are other computers are 3 running Win 11...
  3. What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...: Just starting up a new Dell XPS 8950 running Win 11 Pro. I can't get it to connect to my other computers. I have tried several versions but none of these worked. I need to make several computers connect for file sharing.The computers are other computers are 3 running Win 11...
  4. what it is network credentials username and password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what it is network credentials username and password?: hello please where I find my credentials in network my 2 computers....username and passord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-it-is-network-credentials-username-and/58b6a60a-3f5b-4c43-94f5-5bfedc20b9c0
  5. Where to find login credentials for network folder sharing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to find login credentials for network folder sharing.: Hey guys. So I'm trying to acess a folder on my pc from gfs pc like in the good old days. I always get the login wrong no matter where i change it. Ive changed every windows credential i could find in the manager and it still doest work. What specific path holds the info for...
  6. where to find network credentials

where to find network credentials: Where can Network Credentials be found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-find-network-credentials/c554bd65-b60d-4ff6-8abf-3d0684123ad1
  7. What Network Credentials to use

What Network Credentials to use: I have a network consisting of my desktop (computer A) and a laptop (computer B) using Windows 10. When I go into File Explore on A and try to connect to B via the network tab, I am asked to "Enter network credentials" to connect to B. I have tried all my known user names...
  8. What are Network Credentials?

What are Network Credentials?: What is Network Credentials and how are they cancelled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-network-credentials/3178bf51-79ec-42eb-b1fd-da99c0154015
  9. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...
  10. what is the deal with network credentials?

what is the deal with network credentials?: I have 4 computers on a home network, I do backups the old school way, every 2 months or so I copy over the media from one computer to another over my 1GB hard wired network. After installing windows 10 three of the computers keep asking me for network credentials to...