Windows 10: what anti virus program should i use

Discus and support what anti virus program should i use in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have win10 enterprise 64 bit 1909 build. and using a hp probook laptop. so i had to do a reset and that took some time as the pc just did not want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by corvairbob, May 16, 2020.

1. what anti virus program should i use

i have win10 enterprise 64 bit 1909 build. and using a hp probook laptop. so i had to do a reset and that took some time as the pc just did not want to do it. but after some help from a few guys here, they got me through that.

anyway, i had norton free from being a Comcast customer. but that program seems to drag the pc down some. if the consensus is to just reinstall it as you all think it is a good av program then i will put it back. but before i had that program i had a few other free av programs running that some on this site told me they ran and worked with win 10 good and did not drag the system down.

but i just can't remember what they were. i have CCleaner and BitDefender in the downloads folder and avast. but all i installed for now is CCleaner.

so if soem can refresh my memory on this that will be just dandy. and thanks

:)

corvairbob, May 16, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User

I need to istall Window 10 anti virus and marvate

Windows 10 comes with in-built Anti-Virus program Windows Defender.

It depends on your own preferences if you would want to use another Anti-Virus program.

Suggest reading all of:
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

especially:

Smeed, May 16, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    Ṣmeed, May 16, 2020
  4. GSquadron Win User

what anti virus program should i use

Which is the best anti-virus program for windows 7?

I need help with the anti virus programs. I have installed the Eset 4 anti virus program, but i think it really sucks, or is not the best. Hope u got experience with a better anti virus than this. If so pls help! *Smile what anti virus program should i use :)

GSquadron, May 16, 2020
Thema:

what anti virus program should i use

1. what anti virus program should i use - Similar Threads - anti virus program

2. I Believe there is a Virus in my system , so what Anti-Virus should I use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Believe there is a Virus in my system , so what Anti-Virus should I use?: My Laptop is HP Pavilion G6 Notebook. My laptop was VERY fast 2 weeks ago and I think 1 wee ago onwards it became very slow. I asked in Microsoft Community what to do and they replied. I did as they said. But after that it just became more slower. So I'm thinking that...
  3. Anti virus programs

Anti virus programs: I am running windows 10 home and Comcast is my internet provider. I also have Malwarebytes premium. Comcast does not offer a free Norton subscription after 12/31/2020. Do I still need another Anti Virus program?...
  4. windows defender anti virus program

windows defender anti virus program: options are all greyed out, real time protection cannot be turned on how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-anti-virus-program/13538fbe-cb7e-4b24-9ce8-37f3e4a6eeac
  5. free anti virus program

free anti virus program: some time ago i asked about what were some free antivirus programs. and you pointed me to avast, and a few others. i did not jot then down and i did have them in a folder on a thumb drive, but i put that thumb into my netgear modem to use as a place to put these types of...
  6. What do use as anti virus?

in Windows 10 Support
    What do use as anti virus?: Im using Windows Defender as full antivirus and Malwarebytes (Free version) So far. I've never had a viruses malware on my computers. I started doing this since 2016-2017. Are paid antivirus products not worth it now? Back then i used to use Bitdefender and it was pretty...
  7. Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.

Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.: Yesterday I turned on my Laptop and noticed an issue with my Windows Anti-Virus. Defender was not on to protect me from a virus or other threats. In YELLOW type, under Virus & threat protection: it states your Virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. Where is...
  8. what is segurazo anti virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is segurazo anti virus: what is segurazo anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-segurazo-anti-virus/2775c128-4439-497c-8e57-d53fbddffecd
  9. Anti virus Program

Anti virus Program: Will this program work when there is no more updates for windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-program/90127b5b-54ec-4e25-bfd9-c67d285defda
  10. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?: Hello guys, Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10? 76664