Windows 10: What appears to be a hardware failure

Discus and support What appears to be a hardware failure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello dear microsoft members I've have a huge problem since yesterday which I hope I can resolve with your help. I bought these pieces of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PeymanSharifi, Nov 29, 2020.

1. What appears to be a hardware failure

Hello dear microsoft members

I've have a huge problem since yesterday which I hope I can resolve with your help.

I bought these pieces of hardware very recently:

-i7 10700K air cooler cooler master hyper 212 planning to get corsair h100! pro

-ASUS ROG strix z490-E gaming

-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz

-ROG strix 850G white G+

-970 GTX g1 gaming gigabyte old- planning to buy a 3080 rtx

-SSD 120 samsung EVO 850 old

-HDD WDC WD202EZRZ-00Z5HBO 2T old

-HDD WDC WD5000AADS-00M2B0 500g very old

I built this device myself and I’m almost sure that it’s pretty carefully built. Before this I had another computer with DDR3 memories and the same SSD drive and also the same hard drive with an i7 3770 Intel CPU and I constantly had different problems with it during extraction and other installation processes. Whenever I searched for memory problems with win10 Memory diagnostic tool, it would say that I had memory problems. I had four slots of RAM 4X4. So when I realized this memory problem, I took all the memory chips out and just installed one of them. And I had no errors from the windows memory diagnostic tool or Memtest86 from any of those chips installed alone. So I reinstalled windows I did everything in my power to fix it but the problem still existed. And this was why I decided to change my system and upgraded to a newer version.

After building up the new PC, I installed windows 10 without any problem whatsoever. And I ran an Aida 64 stress test for about an hour or so and everything ran smoothly. The CPU temperature also hovered around 80 to 85 at maximum. So I figured everything is working properly. Because I didn’t have enough knowledge about my motherboard drivers, I went to the website and downloaded every driver that was available for my motherboard and tried installing them. Among these drivers I installed AHCI to Intel RST premium Driver. After restarting the windows there was nothing but a black screen. I couldn’t even boot into bios and the Graphic LED on the motherboard the white LED was always on. So I figured the problem might be something with a graphic card. So I change the HDMI port from the back of my graphic card to the back of my motherboard. And then I could perfectly load into bios and also windows perfectly fine. Because I knew the RST driver did this, I went to my bio settings And changed it back to AHCI. After this I reinstalled my windows to make sure no problems would surface accordingly. After installing windows I ran AIDA64 for another hour and I also used the Intel XTU to see if all my components are working properly and they did.

Until yesterday I was absolutely doing nothing with just a picture open in my windows photos that I got a BSOD. Before I could check the code the screen disappeared and the computer restarted. I also should mention that I had enabled XMP1 and also updated my bios to 707 before installing the windows without changing any voltages or anything else.

After I got the blue screen, I ran AIDA64 another time and this time after a few minutes I had “hardware failure detected” message and the test stopped. I ran the test with stress Cpu, stress FPU, stress cash, stress system memory just these. I tested another time and then again I got the error and my pc restarted as if I restarted it myself . So I figured it might be because of the ram overclocking via the XMP1 configuration. I restored everything to default in my bios and started the test another time. This time I didn’t receive any errors until seven hours later.

To delve into the problem more, I search the windows logs. There I found two critical errors just like each other, one at the time of the blue screen and the other at the time of the second test that my computer restarted. Both errors’ sources was kernel-power and the event ID 41.

Searching on the Internet, I found out that these problems may have been caused by driver updates or driver problems. So I installed Driver easy professional to update all of my drivers. In the middle of the process suddenly I realized that there was absolutely no sound coming out of the system and that whatever I did was kind of slow motion. Even when I clicked on my windows button, it would load slower or when I open the movie it was kind of sluggish and no sound again. I went to the windows locks again to search for more hours and I found many different warnings and errors of different programs that could not launch or how to stop because of some hindrance.

The errors include the list below:

VHEA Logger

Kernel event tracing

VSS

App model-runtime

Volmgr

Application error faulting application name: audiodg.exe, Version: 10.0.19041.546, timestamp 0x15d80ff5 ...

DHCP client And a long list of other errors

I tried on checking all of the boxes in AIDA64 except memory test to see if there was any problem for about an hour. I also unchecked only the memory stres test to see if the problem was the Cpu for an hour, with no error.

After searching VHEA logger error on the Internet I found out that the problem could be because of my SSD sometimes. Following a few suggestions I installed hard disk Sentinel to check if there was any problems and I found out that the health bar of my SSD is only 81% remaining which according to the application it is good. But I should continuously monitor the hard disk status according to the recommendation line.

I will send u a few related pictures below.

And now I have no idea what the problem is or where the source is and I really hope that you guys can help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance

Yours faithfully

Peyman Rad

What appears to be a hardware failure 07beb310-fb1f-43fa-8209-c07c6fd68784?upload=true.png

What appears to be a hardware failure 0573cd5f-7c6b-409b-8e88-60202a4efd1a?upload=true.png What appears to be a hardware failure 1e3fa6f7-b9e4-482d-813e-9bbc5fff87e4?upload=true.png What appears to be a hardware failure 186a25f3-a401-480a-9a8d-c41919b49098?upload=true.png What appears to be a hardware failure 9486673f-b311-419b-a24c-4a4761908521?upload=true.png What appears to be a hardware failure 7c063c02-4ecf-4c47-8d3c-c4c1427fbae2?upload=true.png

:)

PeymanSharifi, Nov 29, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 29, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 29, 2020
  4. What appears to be a hardware failure

Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

What appears to be a hardware failure

1. What appears to be a hardware failure - Similar Threads - appears hardware failure

2. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this hardware failure?: Following clean-ups of my C drive, Windows suddenly began acting hostile towards my management and restricted nearly everything.I cannot access my desktop, not my harddrives, not the startup menu, my admin rights were revoked and I can't even access regular settings.I tried...
  3. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this hardware failure?: Following clean-ups of my C drive, Windows suddenly began acting hostile towards my management and restricted nearly everything.I cannot access my desktop, not my harddrives, not the startup menu, my admin rights were revoked and I can't even access regular settings.I tried...
  4. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NMI Hardware Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NMI Hardware Failure: I have just purchased this laptop. Unfortunately, I encounter the blue screen and an automatic restart. This tends to happen every time I watch something on youtube for longer that 2 to 5 minutes. I have looked at a few articles and download Restoro. Issues were found but I...
  6. Audio Hardware Failure

Audio Hardware Failure: Each time when I switch my pc on, I get a dialogue box which gets autoterminated even before I get to see its contents. So, I checked its details and got the following one. Please suggest a way out.[ATTACH]...
  7. System failure Hardware

System failure Hardware: Hello. Yesterday I got my PC's motherboard , processor , fan and PSU replaced. It was running well until I faced a screen freeze . I was running windows normally and suddenly got screen freezed , the keyboard's light also got turned off but the Mouse remained on and then...
  8. Hardware Failure

Hardware Failure: The last couple of days been having PC problems. In the mornings when watching a video the PC would freeze and a buzzing sounding. Then the PC would restart, no BSOD just restarted. This morning, turned on the monitor and was greeted with a "no signal' message on the scree....
  9. nmi hardware failure

nmi hardware failure: i recently meet a nmi hardware failure problem a it keeps blue screen for every 5mins, i tried the guide on this page https://windowsreport.com/nmi_hardware_failure-windows-10/2/ and it back to blue screen after an hour, tried reset windows and still not working and i...
  10. Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?

Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?: My external harddrive is relatively new; no more than 2 years. It has been failing to be recognized my my PC and getting an I/O error when in Safe Mode. When not in safe mode, it just stops being recognized by my PC. Explorer also has it labeled as a 7.27TB harddrive when...