Windows 10: What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10

Discus and support What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10 to free up some storage space? I never use my media like music or movies.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CrystalMel, Feb 23, 2020.

1. What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10

What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10 to free up some storage space? I never use my media like music or movies.

:)

CrystalMel, Feb 23, 2020

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 23, 2020
  3. rezpower Win User
    Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10

1. What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - apps programs uninstall

2. what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...: will i lose all sound on my device or will i just lose the features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-uninstall-realtek-audio-driver/3286e3d3-e3e4-42c5-8a9c-e119c5c9ea6a
  3. what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...: will i lose all sound on my device or will i just lose the features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-uninstall-realtek-audio-driver/3286e3d3-e3e4-42c5-8a9c-e119c5c9ea6a
  4. what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. what programs can i uninstall? Can i uninstall the apple programs or do I need them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what programs can i uninstall? Can i uninstall the apple programs or do I need them?: I am cleaning up my computer and want to uninstall most programs, but I don't know if it will mess up my PC do I need the apple programs and Microsoft programs installed on my PC? I need to clean up space. I don't know which programs to uninstall so I don't harm my PC...
  6. what programs can i uninstall? Can i uninstall the apple programs or do I need them?

what programs can i uninstall? Can i uninstall the apple programs or do I need them?: I am cleaning up my computer and want to uninstall most programs, but I don't know if it will mess up my PC do I need the apple programs and Microsoft programs installed on my PC? I need to clean up space. I don't know which programs to uninstall so I don't harm my PC...
  7. can an uninstalled app or program be reinstalled later

can an uninstalled app or program be reinstalled later: how do I uninstall an app or program so that it can be reinstalled later? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-uninstalled-app-or-program-be-reinstalled/d4bfa33f-86ae-44b9-8eb8-453bd8cc4238
  8. what pre-installed windows 10 programs can be uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what pre-installed windows 10 programs can be uninstalled?: I am trying to simplify my pc as much as possible to keep it clean. I have a lot of windows programs that I know I can uninstall like Xbox game bar and stuff like that. But I cannot tell if certain programs are important or if I can uninstall them. Does anyone know what is...
  9. How can I uninstall a program or app that doesn't want to get uninstalled no matter what I...

How can I uninstall a program or app that doesn't want to get uninstalled no matter what I...: I am trying to uninstall an app or program but it keeps on saying that I need administrator permissions, however, I already tried to change all the security features, but it won't change the settings. this is so frustrating! Please help me!...
  10. OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?: I have OneNote 2010 installed and don't want the Windows 10 OneNote APP. How can I remove the app or keep it from opening when I click on shortcuts like this: onenote:///O:\OneNote_Catalog\Catalog\Root.one#section-id={4B915525-1062-4367-B052-4B5CE174AF49}&end The...