Windows 10: What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses?

Discus and support What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got Windows Defender. Is this all I need to stop malware, viruses and spyware? If not what do you suggest? 111163 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yahanna, May 28, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses?

I got Windows Defender. Is this all I need to stop malware, viruses and spyware? If not what do you suggest?

:)

yahanna, May 28, 2018

2. What driver do I need to use my older recording programs with Windows 10?

Hi,

Just to clarify, do you get any error message/code?

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

I suggest you to install Adobe audition in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

To install the Adobe audition in compatibility mode follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.
    • Let the software install and then check the functionality.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update loosing nearly all programs

Hi David,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• When you say, "all programs seem to be there?" what exactly are you referring to? Files are there or not?
    The issue you are facing with stuck update, I suggest you to run Windows updates troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter. Restart the PC and check.

Step 2: Manually install Windows updates and check.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 29, 2018
Thema:

What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses?

1. What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses? - Similar Threads - Are Programs Need

2. Virus Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Detected: I'm trying to download an executable file from Google Drive but keep getting a "Virus Detected" warning that prevents the request from being completed. I can't see the file anywhere as blocked in the Windows Denfender reports, I've disabled Windows Defender, and even added...
  3. virus detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus detection: i was downloading a file from crome suddenly there was a pop up and something small sized downloaded near to 5-6 mb i didnt get time to react it was passed by crome virus detection test but when it landed on pc i got virus alerts by win defender then suddenly it started...
  4. virus detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus detection: i was downloading a file from crome suddenly there was a pop up and something small sized downloaded near to 5-6 mb i didnt get time to react it was passed by crome virus detection test but when it landed on pc i got virus alerts by win defender then suddenly it started...
  5. Virus detected

Virus detected: I have a notification that say, virus detected. It has a Microsoft logo on it. It has an option "click here to remove virus". Is this legit? Should I click on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-detected/17e88016-b274-41d3-afd2-b70b14b30f59
  6. Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,In my last virus scan my antivirus program presumably detected a high risk item and deleted it. The item name goes like this; "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.RemoteDesktop_10.2.1810..........and it goes on"AV program identifies it as "Heur.Generic." Was that a...
  7. what anti virus program should i use

what anti virus program should i use: i have win10 enterprise 64 bit 1909 build. and using a hp probook laptop. so i had to do a reset and that took some time as the pc just did not want to do it. but after some help from a few guys here, they got me through that. anyway, i had norton free from being a Comcast...
  8. Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect: Hello, I just returned home after I spent my weekend at my friends house. After I came home I found my computer in this state. My parents used it and usually they are quite responsible but something seemed to have happened. Anyway, all documents are lost, only the software...
  9. Virus Detection

Virus Detection: In my situation, I develop some accounting software of VB winform to use, normaly my software will modify registry to set offcie trusted location and whether the user who reads in registry has admin authority. However, I found here that it is no problem for window defender to...
  10. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.: Hello! I have a virus that whenever I run Google Chrome and click on a new page, a pop up randomly appears and attempts to hide itself. The goal of the virus is to log my facebook information and hack my account, but luckily I blocked the app it attempts to enable. The...