Windows 10: What are Appraiser* files?

Discus and support What are Appraiser* files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since 1/10/2020, I have three new files under C:\Windows\appcompat\appraiseer. An Explorer snapshot of those files is shown below. Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Jan 17, 2020.

1. MesPia Win User

What are Appraiser* files?

Since 1/10/2020, I have three new files under C:\Windows\appcompat\appraiseer. An Explorer snapshot of those files is shown below. Does anyone know what these files are for? Could they be malware?

What are Appraiser* files? 7e38412b-df94-4a74-96f7-515a47cd0102?upload=true.png

:)

MesPia, Jan 17, 2020
  2. 20mmrain Win User

Computer Part Appraisal

If everyone is in agreement with the Suggestions above.... I thank everyone who has helped out. And I will be putting the appraisal to good use tomorrow.

Thanks again.

20mmrain, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser will not start manually

Hello,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum. Let me know if I should post in a different windows7 forum or the windows10 forum.

I have Windows 7 PRO (64bit) and cannot find a way to make an update to the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser.

What I have done:

Downloaded and installed KB3035583. I have the windows (flag /) icon in my task tray and successfully ran the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser. A report was generated on 5/26/2016 saying my PC (a desktop) was compatible and there was one
    software program that needed to be removed.

The software program is an “ older” copy of Acronis Home backup. I updated the Acronis program to a new Windows 10 version, and verified the new version works and makes backups.

I want to re-run the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser to verify my PC is now fully 100% compatible.
    I have been unable to find a way to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser.

When I open the Windows 10 task tray icon I appear to be stuck at the completion of the last run (report dated 5/26/2016) with no way to request and update.

I did a Google search on how to manually start Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser.

Two pages listed the following elevated command prompt to manually start Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser.

Open an elevated command prompt window, type the following command, and hit Enter:

schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

I sent the first command and waited about an hour and a half and then checked for an updated report in the
    Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser. There appeared to no change, text of report is the same; Acronis software still flagged as a problem and the report was still dated 5/26/2016.

I sent the second, identical command. It has now been over 4 hours and a check of the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser report shows no change.
    Text of report is the same; Acronis software still flagged as a problem and the report was still dated 5/26/2016.

What am I doing wrong? I need to have a current dated report showing the compatibility is 100%, OR a list of non-compatible items
    so I can make changes or remove. Is there a way to manually start the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser and generate a current dated report?

I looked at the Task Scheduler and as far as I could tell the task scheduler , under Setup, gwx is supposed to run at log on.
    It may be running, but not generating an updated report. I am not familiar with the Task Scheduler, so my interpretation is probably not correct.

Suggestions and tips greatly appreciated,

krazykat

krazykat9999, Jan 17, 2020
  4. What are Appraiser* files?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

What are Appraiser* files?

1. What are Appraiser* files? - Similar Threads - are Appraiser* files

2. would this be an accurate appraisal of microsoft operating systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    would this be an accurate appraisal of microsoft operating systems: windows 7 and previous takes a long time to install, then takes a little while hours or a day or two for you to load the drivers and customise then takes a little while longer days to load up your regular programs windows 10 installs in a very short time. loads of most of the...
  3. What is this file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this file?: I was looking at my folder and noticed a text file named "elevoc_dnn_kernal". Does anyone know whats this file is for? also it is located in the D:driveNotice from Japanese moderatorThis question was posted in the Japanese forum ja-jp, so I'll move it....
  4. What are these files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these files?: I was listening to a playlist, and I wanted to add some more music. I accessed my personal account's folder the one located under "C:\Users" and I found two files with a blank name, which apparently are empty, and I can't interact with them. I can't drag them into another...
  5. What are these files?

What are these files?: What is RCappdataps1?What is $$_system32_confic_systemprofile?what is $$_syswow64_config_systemprofile?Sorry, I'm not good at tech.Thank you and have a nice week! :** moved from Virus and Malware **...
  6. Unable to disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser in Task Scheduler: Hi, I disabled Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser in Task Scheduler but the task keeps being re-enabled. I then looked at the trigger section and that was not disabled. So I looked at the One time trigger properties. I then clicked on the Triggers tab. Then I clicked on...
  7. Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser: Hi, I cannot understand why users don't have control over some aspects of Windows 10. I disabled Compatibility Appraiser in task scheduler but it re-enables itself every day and starts the task. I've even disabled it in Group Policy with no success. This also applies...
  8. Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser: Hi, I cannot understand why users don't have control over some aspects of Windows 10. I disabled Compatibility Appraiser in task scheduler but it re-enables itself every day and starts the task. I've even disabled it in Group Policy with no success. This also applies...
  9. Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon: . SlartyNote2: I tried getting to the dropbox, but the redirect in TF just kept spinning so I uploaded a revised copy with the Win8.1 KB check corrected.: Download fixGwx_full.zip here The zip folder is a different name, but the batch file inside is still named...
  10. What are these files?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these files?: Hi I have noticed (and been aware of these type of files for some time) which reside in C:\Users\My Name. There are 26 files which were created on 15 Nov 2015, 16,18 Dec 2015, 19,29 Jan 2016, 23,27 Feb 2016, and 3,27 March 2016. I have checked and all but 16 Dec,19,29...