Windows 10: What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?

Discus and support What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have usually downloaded and run MS Malicious Software Removal Tool each month per Update directions. Recently I found out about MS Safety Scanner... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mta3006, Jul 9, 2019.

1. mta3006 Win User

What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?

I have usually downloaded and run MS Malicious Software Removal Tool each month per Update directions. Recently I found out about MS Safety Scanner (msert.exe), and read somewhere that it is superior to MSRT, and should be used instead.

Can anyone shed any light on this pair of seemingly similar tools, and make recommendations?

*Confused*Confused

:)

mta3006, Jul 9, 2019

2. msrt

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool...

It might show during scanning any number of "infected" files but at the end of the scanning come to the conclusion that they were not infected. The result counts...

Suggestion to read these older threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Jul 9, 2019
  3. MSRT Download link is Broken

Thanks for the link. I'm still looking for a static link where i can download the latest MSRT package.. It would be bit difficult for layman to go through the whole list and download.. I hope MS will fix those broken links soon.

VigneshKumar_M, Jul 9, 2019
  4. What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?

Removal program (MSRT) doesn't remove Infected files

Bernie,

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool which tends to throw all kinds of errors and misinformation...

Suggestion to read these threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?

1. What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT? - Similar Threads - are differences between

2. What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?: Hello, a while back I installed MSERT on the request of one of the Independent Advisors here, I had a fakse positive, but at the time I didnt know for sure so I installed it and scanned, but anyways, what is the difference if MRT and MSERT? They seem quite similar to each...
  3. What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?: Hello, a while back I installed MSERT on the request of one of the Independent Advisors here, I had a fakse positive, but at the time I didnt know for sure so I installed it and scanned, but anyways, what is the difference if MRT and MSERT? They seem quite similar to each...
  4. What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?: Whats the difference between Microsoft Security (Windows Defender) / Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) and Microsoft Safety Scanner? Ive been looking at the Microsoft articles on these tools and some posts I googled. Im still confused about when I should use...
  5. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  6. What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings: I was looking through all the apps in Apps & Features and came across Microsift Office 2019 AND Office i.e. [ATTACH] Why is there a separate entry for Office? What is this? Can someone shed some light on this?...
  7. What is the difference between features and capabilities?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between features and capabilities?: Is there a clear definition of package, feature and capabilities? My understanding is; Packages are file or group of files which is used to install a software App, driver?, feature, services, patches, update, on demand feature, anymore? into the OS. Features are...
  8. Differences between MS upgrading tools?

Differences between MS upgrading tools?: This is a desktop installation. Currently, release 1903 18632.535 build is installed and want to upgrade to 1909, but retain the installed software. MS offered two tools, which I downloaded MediaCreationTool1909.exe (18mb) and Windows10Upgrade9252.exe (6mb ) to the Desktop....
  9. What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?: When I receive an order to stop what I am doing and MS force an update, it gives me the option to Restart or Shutdown." Is there any difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-shutdown-and/fa211af9-a13d-43da-9f8d-a5d2973a5c77
  10. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

What is the difference between a factory reset and...: What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an old user administrator leaving only the new user. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks 132232

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there any difference between windows security scanner and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?

2. example of msrt package

3. difference msrt msert microsoft