Windows 10: what are different USB items in Device Manager?

Discus and support what are different USB items in Device Manager? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is part of the Device Manager display for my laptop. (My desktop is a lot more complicated, but I'm on a trip now.) What are each of these items,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, Oct 27, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

what are different USB items in Device Manager?

This is part of the Device Manager display for my laptop. (My desktop is a lot more complicated, but I'm on a trip now.)

What are each of these items, and how are they different?

what are different USB items in Device Manager? [​IMG]

:)

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 27, 2019
  3. When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager

Hi,

Since you've mentioned that the USB 3.0 doesn't appear in the Device Manager window. We recommend that you check the BIOS settings your device if the USB 3.0 is enabled. If you've already checked the BIOS settings and found out that it is enabled, we suggest
    that you follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Under the View tab, click Show hidden devices.
    • Check Universal Serial Bus controllers if it will show the missing items.

This will show all the hidden devices under Device Manager.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 27, 2019
  4. kenkickr Win User

Why two different 3870's in Device Manager?

I just received my Sapphire 3870 yesterday to crossfire with my Gecube 3870. I know I have two different vendors but my question is why do I have one 3870 listed as "ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series" and the other listed as "ATI Radeon HD 3870" in device manager? When I had my X1950 XT cf setup it listed both as X1950 series.

kenkickr, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. what are different USB items in Device Manager? - Similar Threads - are different USB

2. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  3. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  4. Device Manager multiple of the same items

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager multiple of the same items: Hello,In my device manager I have a bunch of the same items. I have 3 of the same keyboards, 2 mice, and 6 processors that show under the different category. How do I get rid of all these duplicates?Jim...
  5. How to enable hidden items in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable hidden items in device manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nicos_revenge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lidpvf/how_to_enable_hidden_items_in_device_manager/
  6. Problem Item in Device Manager

Problem Item in Device Manager: Can anyone help me identify the device that's causing this? It a brand new Dell XPS 8940 desktop. I've tried uninstalling the item but it keeps coming back. The PC is fully updated and there are no drive updated missing. [img] [img] [img] 172433
  7. Duplicated items in device manager

Duplicated items in device manager: Recently installed Windows 10 on SSD. Ive noticed these two duplicates. Is something wrong or should I just delete the two that are marked ? Thanks. 161476
  8. Duplicated items in device manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated items in device manager: Recently installed Windows 10 on SSD. Ive noticed these two duplicates. Is something wrong or should I just delete the two that are marked ? Thanks. 161476
  9. Device manager : all items disappearing and reappearing

Device manager : all items disappearing and reappearing: I am using an MSI GS63VR 7RF StealthPro. Ive been having a lot of issues with my computer literally a day ago. i came back from school and try to connect to my headset and it is fine until i play a game. When i am watching a videos or listening to music there is no issue, but...
  10. Missing USB device in Device Manager

Missing USB device in Device Manager: I have a dell xps 9365 and there are only 2 type c port. And one is not working any more. I tried to see the changes in device manager when I insert a USB flash drive, but there is nothing happen, even in the hidden divices. Would you please offer me some solutions?...