Windows 10: What are good external hard drives for a Laptop?

Discus and support What are good external hard drives for a Laptop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need a very good external hard drive that has over 1 TB of space any suggestions? I will be putting Unity Keys on them. Also my Laptop device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Jun 29, 2019.

1. What are good external hard drives for a Laptop?

I need a very good external hard drive that has over 1 TB of space any suggestions?

I will be putting Unity Keys on them.

Also my Laptop device is a HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop (Intel Core i5-8250U, 8GB, 1TB HD, Windows 10 High End, Ceramic White) 15-cs0010ca.

I want one that does not break easy example lives only for 6 months to 2 years.

:)

IntenseJames, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jun 29, 2019
  4. twynog Win User

What are good external hard drives for a Laptop?

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

What are good external hard drives for a Laptop?

1. What are good external hard drives for a Laptop? - Similar Threads - are external hard

2. How to check your bluetooth external hard drive is good quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check your bluetooth external hard drive is good quality?: Help me find genuine products https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-your-bluetooth-external-hard-drive-is/2636ba8f-200d-4f6a-8136-899814698224
  3. How to check your bluetooth external hard drive is good quality?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check your bluetooth external hard drive is good quality?: Help me find genuine products https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-your-bluetooth-external-hard-drive-is/2636ba8f-200d-4f6a-8136-899814698224
  4. How to check your bluetooth external hard drive is good quality?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external hard drive: What external hard drive do you recommend for back-up on Dell Inspiron 3671. I do not want to save to the cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/c23fb5c0-2b97-457d-81ca-3a824c7e6f1a
  6. External hard drive

External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  7. external hard drive

external hard drive: Why is windows not recognizing my external hard drive, its fn 2019 this s should be plug and play your os is garbage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/8a51c6c8-175f-4d84-b6e7-84ab2697752f
  8. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  9. What is considered a good xfer rate to an external drive?

What is considered a good xfer rate to an external drive?: G'day! I have been searching for why I consider my transfer rate(write, not read) as too slow. I have been trying to send my music library to an external SD card - class 10 - and regardless of what I try, it seems ~80 Gb takes approximately 8 hours to complete. The write...
  10. connecting external hard drives to laptop

connecting external hard drives to laptop: is it possible to connect three external hard drives thru one usb socket and if it is, what connector do I need 50269