Windows 10: What are logical drives?

Discus and support What are logical drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What are logical drives? What are they for? And why should I use them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Baylor Speer, Oct 11, 2021.

1. What are logical drives?

What are logical drives? What are they for? And why should I use them?

:)

Baylor Speer, Oct 11, 2021

2. Not able to view files in Logical Drive

Hi Binoj,

The issue you're experiencing with your logical drive might be due to a variety of reasons.

Since you've mentioned that your PC just had an update for Windows 10, are your drivers up-to-date too? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
    link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

We can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter which can find and repair problems with your devices and hardware.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by
      drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 11, 2021
  3. little cat, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

What are logical drives?

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

What are logical drives?

1. What are logical drives? - Similar Threads - are logical drives

2. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  3. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  4. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What are logical drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are logical drives?: What are logical drives? What are they for? And why should I use them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-logical-drives/62da9feb-99cb-42a3-ba02-f03622540c0f
  6. What are logical drives?

What are logical drives?: What are logical drives? What are they for? And why should I use them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-logical-drives/62da9feb-99cb-42a3-ba02-f03622540c0f
  7. SCOM alert subscription - OR logic keeps changing to AND logic

SCOM alert subscription - OR logic keeps changing to AND logic: I'm trying to set up SCOM alert subscriptions for a number of related Dell monitors, I want to trigger notifications on any new critical alerts from any one of 8 different monitors. But every time I build the subscription and save it, my "or" logic is changed to "and"...
  8. SCOM alert subscription - OR logic keeps changing to AND logic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCOM alert subscription - OR logic keeps changing to AND logic: I'm trying to set up SCOM alert subscriptions for a number of related Dell monitors, I want to trigger notifications on any new critical alerts from any one of 8 different monitors. But every time I build the subscription and save it, my "or" logic is changed to "and"...
  9. Change New Drive from logical to Primary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change New Drive from logical to Primary: Hello all, I purchased a new SSD today and cloned my old HDD to it. I then set up boot priority using BIOS and have my PC booting from the new drive. I have been trying to change the new SSD to my primary boot drive so I can format the old one and use it for storage. I...
  10. Logical drive split on hard drive. What's up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logical drive split on hard drive. What's up?: I have not run into this before and cannot find it discussed in the forums or internet. One of the physical data hard drives on my computer has two partitions. Two logical drive (F and G) as defined by the OS (Windows 10 pro). This is a 500gb HDD that is only about 50%...