Windows 10: What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

Discus and support What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New to win 64 home. I use Total Commander with Show Hidden Files. but have [[meta]] and [[meta-new]] set not to show. What are they? 86335 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jun 7, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

New to win 64 home. I use Total Commander with Show Hidden Files. but have [[meta]] and [[meta-new]] set not to show. What are they?

:)

tcebob, Jun 7, 2017
  2. C18inBCN Win User

Radio streaming?

I'd like to listen to live BBC World Service streams on my C3-00, but the phone is not compatible with the BBC iPlayer. The World Service lists these streams:

World Service English (Internet Schedule)

Real: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live/eneuk.ram

WMA: BBC - World Service Sportshour - Sione's Miracle Kidney Trans...

MP3: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live/eneuk.pls

Is there any way of getting the C3-00 to stream any of them?

Thanks!

C18inBCN, Jun 7, 2017
  3. creating background on my zune music and video

For the songs and videos being played the background is an image associated with the artist meta information gathered from Zune. If the song or video doesn't have the correct meta information it won't display anything. Using the Zune desktop client you
    can edit song tag information and if you update album information it should apply all the missing meta data for that song.

Steven _fyiguy_ Hughes, Jun 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 7, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    [[meta]]
    or[[meta-new]]

That's exactly what I saw, at the top of the filename list. Not all directories, just system. Nothing happens when I click on them. Now, after a few updates and reboots, they seem to have gone away. So I can't provide a screen shot. As far as I can tell they have nothing to do with a metafile.

tcebob, Jun 8, 2017
  6. tcebob Win User
    What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files? [​IMG]

Here's a screen shot. There is no content to the [[Meta]] file.

Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)
    HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX

tcebob, Jun 15, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, new to me.. perhaps someone here may have an idea.

dalchina, Jun 15, 2017
  8. tcebob Win User

I want to re-activate this post, in the hope that someone will know about the [[meta]] files. I cannot prevent them from showing in file explorer. Could it be something unique to the HP - Windows OS? Where else but this forum might I find some info?

tcebob, Jul 3, 2017
  9. Winuser Win User
    I'm on my HP desktop running a OEM version of Windows 10 Home and don't have the meta files. My guess is that they are being created by a program you have installed.

Winuser, Jul 3, 2017
  10. tcebob Win User
    Great suggestion! I suspected Ashampoo Backup. Then ran Everything and found hundreds of [[meta]]s. I noticed that the dates and times of the files coincide with the scheduled backup time (Friday at 1:00). So that's the culprit. I will contact Ashampoo.

tcebob, Jul 3, 2017
  11. Winuser Win User
    Glad to hear you found the source. *Smile

Winuser, Jul 3, 2017
  12. tcebob Win User
    I'll mark solved. Ashampoo told me the files cannot be hidden. I'm off to find another backup.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files? - Similar Threads - are meta meta

2. How to get rid of meta?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of meta?: I never opend instagram,or eny other acc. with meta, yet META installed instagram "non-user" acc.on my pc, happily admitting it's collecting my personal info. I found it in microsoft acc. in passwords & personal info with password but no username. I can delete it from that...
  3. How to get rid of meta?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of meta?: I never opend instagram,or eny other acc. with meta, yet META installed instagram "non-user" acc.on my pc, happily admitting it's collecting my personal info. I found it in microsoft acc. in passwords & personal info with password but no username. I can delete it from that...
  4. How to get rid of meta?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Keyboard Meta Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Meta Keys not working: My meta keys stopped working randomly i.e ctrl shift e.t.c. I have tried all things to fix them but to no avail. The filter keys are off and numlock is also off all of those things are off...
  6. Keyboard Meta Keys not working

Keyboard Meta Keys not working: My meta keys stopped working randomly i.e ctrl shift e.t.c. I have tried all things to fix them but to no avail. The filter keys are off and numlock is also off all of those things are off...
  7. Keyboard Meta Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. File Explorer: Issues with meta data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Issues with meta data: Hi I am tagging all my photos right now. I am struggling with problems in File Explorer, when using multiple tags in combination with the search. Issue 1 detail pane: Without search, all tags are listed: [ATTACH] With search, only a few tags are listed:...
  9. Best Meta Data Program for Movies for Windows File Explorer

Best Meta Data Program for Movies for Windows File Explorer: I'm not looking for something like Kodi/Plex because not only is it laggy but also I feel that it's not customizable enough. Usually, I think that developers over-customize software with too many options. This is a huge problem today as it detracts from the productivity of...
  10. WMP meta data

WMP meta data: Hi I have a question on why WMP seems to change meta data inconsistently. What is happening is: - I will go through the effort of updating a song's metadata (clicking on "Find Album Info") - The data will change, including the file name as per the settings in WMP and sorting...