Windows 10: What are my options once Win10 Pro 1803 is no longer supported

Discus and support What are my options once Win10 Pro 1803 is no longer supported in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed my update page says this: "You're currently running a version of windows that's nearing the end of support. We recommend you update to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen_Ford, Jul 10, 2019.

1. What are my options once Win10 Pro 1803 is no longer supported

I noticed my update page says this:

"You're currently running a version of windows that's nearing the end of support. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 now to get the latest features and security improvements."

My PC is as up to date as the Win update system can make it. I note that MS give no help to solve this problem. After reading "We recommend you update to the most recent version..." I was left wondering how. Googling the problem didn't help.

I then found this which is about as useful as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

It appears to me that my version of Windows is not going to receive updates much like XP not so long ago.

What options do we have?

:)

Stephen_Ford, Jul 10, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 10, 2019
  3. IzWebUsr Win User
    OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Jul 10, 2019
  4. wishihad Win User

What are my options once Win10 Pro 1803 is no longer supported

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone What are my options once Win10 Pro 1803 is no longer supported :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

What are my options once Win10 Pro 1803 is no longer supported

1. What are my options once Win10 Pro 1803 is no longer supported - Similar Threads - are options once

2. Why is contacting support no longer an option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is contacting support no longer an option?: Trying to get help removing unwanted garbage from the desktop screen, and microsoft's support team is just gone. The only option is to post here and refresh the page once in a while because notifications aren't a thing and neither are support teams, I guess.**** me, right?...
  3. Why is contacting support no longer an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is contacting support no longer an option?: Trying to get help removing unwanted garbage from the desktop screen, and microsoft's support team is just gone. The only option is to post here and refresh the page once in a while because notifications aren't a thing and neither are support teams, I guess.**** me, right?...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?: Split from this thread.This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements Check to see if there are things you can do, and if not, you'll keep getting Windows 10 updates. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11. More about supported CPUs Processor:...
  5. Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?: Split from this thread.This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements Check to see if there are things you can do, and if not, you'll keep getting Windows 10 updates. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11. More about supported CPUs Processor:...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Version of Windows 10 Pro Which Is 1803 No Longer Supported By Microsoft - Computer Cites...

Version of Windows 10 Pro Which Is 1803 No Longer Supported By Microsoft - Computer Cites...: Windows 10, Version 1803 is installed in this computer. Date: 5/27/2018. I can't get the latest version of Windows that is supported. This notice keeps coming up in the lower right hand corner to set up time to install latest version. I don't know the settings of this...
  8. No WIn10 Pro option.

No WIn10 Pro option.: I want to try and do a fresh install and when i just did the normal reset and wipe drive clean i get a message saying "the old files couldn't be deleted" and so im not getting a clean format so was hoping using the creation tool and bootable USB may give a different result....
  9. What if 1803 reaches end of support?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What if 1803 reaches end of support?: I know I won't receive security update. But will windows force me to pay money to use 1803? Or will my PC act like ticking bomb and won't start up? Windows 10 is full of unexpected so I want to know this. 135195
  10. What are Win10 Backup options?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What are Win10 Backup options?: How many different ways to protect your files in Win-Ten are there? I did a backup and noticed there also is a system image option. Is this the same thing? also I created a restore point. How is this different from a back up/system image? One is a OS copy only and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youre currently running a version of windows thats nearing the end of support. we recommend you update to the most recent version of windows 10 now to get the latest features and security improvements.

2. oure currently running a version of windows thats nearing the end of support. we recommend you update to the most recent version of windows 10 now to get the latest features and security improvements.

3. Youre currently running a version of windows thats nearing the end of support. We recommend you updae to the most recent version of windows 10 now to get the latest features and security improvements

4. youre currently running a version of windows thats nearing the end of support we recommend you update to the most recent version of windows 10 now to get the lastest features and security improvements,
  5. will 1803no longer be supported