Windows 10: What are Network Credentials?

Discus and support What are Network Credentials? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is Network Credentials and how are they cancelled?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by harrymurchison, Jul 2, 2019.

1. What are Network Credentials?

What is Network Credentials and how are they cancelled?

:)

harrymurchison, Jul 2, 2019

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jul 2, 2019
  4. What are Network Credentials?

Edit Network Credentials

I just got my laptop back from the repair shop where the HD was wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled. I want to share other network devices, but I'm being asked for my Network Credentials. I don't know what they are. I can follow the steps to get to the credentials
    details link from Control Panel, but I can't seem to change or remove the hidden password. Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Phil Irons, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

What are Network Credentials?

1. What are Network Credentials? - Similar Threads - are Network Credentials

2. what it is network credentials username and password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what it is network credentials username and password?: hello please where I find my credentials in network my 2 computers....username and passord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-it-is-network-credentials-username-and/58b6a60a-3f5b-4c43-94f5-5bfedc20b9c0
  3. What and where are network credentials??

What and where are network credentials??: This should be such a simple thing, but Microsoft has a dozen answers and none of them help. I want to, I used to be able to, access one computer from another, only within my home, not anywhere else at least for now-probably forever. I finally got it so I can see other...
  4. Network Credentials?

Network Credentials?: After the last update, I can no longer connect my computers. It asks for "network credentials". Where do these come from? Who set them. And why? I searched all over the internet, and there are any of "solutions," none of which seem to work, including removing all password...
  5. What Network Credentials to use

What Network Credentials to use: I have a network consisting of my desktop (computer A) and a laptop (computer B) using Windows 10. When I go into File Explore on A and try to connect to B via the network tab, I am asked to "Enter network credentials" to connect to B. I have tried all my known user names...
  6. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your...
  7. network credentials

network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  8. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...
  9. Networking Issues, What Are My Windows 10 Networking Credentials?

Networking Issues, What Are My Windows 10 Networking Credentials?: Ok, just upgraded to Windows 10 this week and been bashing my head bloody for two days on networking issues. What on the green Earth are my networking credentials in Win10? I have a Microsoft account I'm logging into Win10 pc with (which I hate but besides the point),...
  10. what is the deal with network credentials?

what is the deal with network credentials?: I have 4 computers on a home network, I do backups the old school way, every 2 months or so I copy over the media from one computer to another over my 1GB hard wired network. After installing windows 10 three of the computers keep asking me for network credentials to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are network credentials