Windows 10: What are pakchunk10_1, 2, 3 ect.-WindowsClient.pak's and are they safe to delete?

Discus and support What are pakchunk10_1, 2, 3 ect.-WindowsClient.pak's and are they safe to delete? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was recently looking up ways to free up space.So I searched size:gigantic in Local Disk and all i saw was " pakchunk10_1, 2, 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OkB0oM3r, Feb 16, 2020.

1. OkB0oM3r Win User

What are pakchunk10_1, 2, 3 ect.-WindowsClient.pak's and are they safe to delete?

I was recently looking up ways to free up space.So I searched size:gigantic in Local Disk and all i saw was "

pakchunk10_1, 2, 3 ect.-WindowsClient.pak"
    .They take up somewhere between 4,00 - 4,10 GB of space.Are they safe to delete, and if so should i back them up to one drive before deleting?

:)

OkB0oM3r, Feb 16, 2020

2. What is PAK file?

What is PAK and DAT file?

I use win dir stat program which allocate all files for me to be neat and easy to delete stuff.... I delete most my movie file and game files and exe... ect... but it shows that PAK and DAT file is taking more space in my hard drive.

What is those file? what is it?

HiddenStupid, Feb 16, 2020
  3. What is PAK file?

Is PAK and DAT file safe to delete? Is it like an EXE file? analogy like gun shells? you shoot and the shell squirt out and it is worthless.... something like that?

or PAK and DAT file is like perminent file? we delete and dont make our game work?

HiddenStupid, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

What are pakchunk10_1, 2, 3 ect.-WindowsClient.pak's and are they safe to delete?

What is PAK file?

I probably will make the game unusable. As said, .pak-files are simply folder with textures and sounds etc.. If you delete it, this game won't have anything to go on.

Frick, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. What are pakchunk10_1, 2, 3 ect.-WindowsClient.pak's and are they safe to delete? - Similar Threads - are pakchunk10_1 ect

2. 1.Deleting multiple programs and apps at the same time 2. What is safe to delete from old...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1.Deleting multiple programs and apps at the same time 2. What is safe to delete from old...: Hi, I have a surface Pro 3 running windows 10. I wanted to know if anyone new how to uninstall multiple unneeded apps and programs at the same time, rather than one by one and then having to reboot and repeat over and over??? Also, do I need to save all downloaded program...
  3. What is WpSystem folder? Is it safe to delete it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is WpSystem folder? Is it safe to delete it?: [ATTACH]While deleting some files from the hard drive, some users have found a folder named WpSystem. According to them, they did not create this folder on their hard drives. Most of them have found this folder on the drive other than the C drive. If you are wondering what...
  4. What is Windows.old and is it safe to delete it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Windows.old and is it safe to delete it?: I just reseted by pc about 2 days ago and while I was checking my files I found this folder named Windows.old. I clicked its properties and it has a size 8 gb on it. Is it safe to delete it? submitted by /u/VernabR [link] [comments]...
  5. what is this? can I delete it safely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? can I delete it safely?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mozesty_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k19n5k/what_is_this_can_i_delete_it_safely/
  6. What is DumpStack.log.tmp is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is DumpStack.log.tmp is it safe to delete?: Hello, I just upgrade my Windows 10 to version 2004 Wise Drive Cleaner wants to delete C:\DumpStack.log.tmp Is safe to Delete manually? What this file contains? Thanks 162721
  7. What Chrome files are safe to delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    What Chrome files are safe to delete: I am on a quest to delete Chrome files that are not needed. I see several in Adobe but assume those are needed. Tons of files with the chrome name. Did delete the main chrome folder and I did not seem to make a difference so far. I have never installed Chrome but I get...
  8. Are/What pak files are safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are/What pak files are safe to delete?: I was recently running low on space so i thought i should delete giant files.I went to This PC then i clicked on the Local Disk and I searched size:gigantic.When i searched it all of the files we're pak files.I recently downloaded Fortnite for my little cousin, and before I...
  9. What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?: This how to geek article discusses what may be safe to delete after running the new tool to free space included with the Creator's Spring Update. I am really not sure after reading what we should or should not delete. CAn anyone enlighten me? Thanks. Free Up Disk Space Now...
  10. What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?: This is why I suggested it as some people/organisations prefer not to use 3rd party. I do too, windows have that very long time, no need for 3rd party programs. I just like to uninstall programs properly with Revo uninstaller and that keeps disks and system cleaner.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need a pakchunk10

2. pakchunk10 windows client

3. delete windowsclient.pak