Windows 10: What Are Radeon Settings And Why Are 6 Opening Every Time I Start My Computer?

Discus and support What Are Radeon Settings And Why Are 6 Opening Every Time I Start My Computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What are Radeon Settings, and why do 6 open every time I start my computer? I never chose to install it, so I am assuming it was part of the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allyka, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Allyka Win User

What Are Radeon Settings And Why Are 6 Opening Every Time I Start My Computer?

What are Radeon Settings, and why do 6 open every time I start my computer? I never chose to install it, so I am assuming it was part of the last update I got, because they appeared right after that update. They show up in my hidden icon tray, and there are 6 of them. If I try to open them they do not open so I can't close them. They are also slowing down my computer a lot with most things I am trying to do.

They also seem to be blocking other programs from opening. As an example, if I do not open Steam as soon as my desktop loads it generally does not open. I never had this problem before these Radeon Settings appeared. I end up having to restart my computer, and opening Steam as soon as my desktop loads just to be able to open it.

:)

Allyka, Oct 6, 2018

2. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Oct 6, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. What Are Radeon Settings And Why Are 6 Opening Every Time I Start My Computer? - Similar Threads - Are Radeon Settings

2. This pop ups every time I open my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This pop ups every time I open my computer: Every time I open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-ups-every-time-i-open-my-computer/a793a15b-2efb-4680-87aa-a416c0edc2fc
  3. This pop ups every time I open my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This pop ups every time I open my computer: Every time I open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-ups-every-time-i-open-my-computer/a793a15b-2efb-4680-87aa-a416c0edc2fc
  4. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove sign in every time I start my computer: How can I remove every sign in option like PIN sign in and password every time I start my computer. I just want to use my computer with no sign in, lock screen what so ever...
  5. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove sign in every time I start my computer: How can I remove every sign in option like PIN sign in and password every time I start my computer. I just want to use my computer with no sign in, lock screen what so ever...
  6. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

7. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  8. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  9. My Computer Resets every time I start it

10. Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?: I have never asked it to be a startup program. Such option does not seem to be in the Powerpoint Options. It is not present on the Startup tab of Task Manager. It is not present in Settings startup. It is not present in the startup folder when I run shell:startup. It is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon settings

2. what is radeon settings

3. what is radeon

4. what is radeon settings on my computer,
  5. what are radeon settings on my computer,
  6. what are radeon settings in windows 10,
  7. what is radeon settings windows 10,
  8. whats radeon settings,
  9. radeon settings on computer,
  10. what is radeon settings on this computer,
  11. what is amd radeon settings,