Windows 10: What are regular accounts to have in Windows?

Discus and support What are regular accounts to have in Windows? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. Sorry if the title isn't so clear. Due to some problems with a game on Steam, I became a little paranoid about Windows accounts. Are those shown... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Siegfriedm, Feb 8, 2020.

1. What are regular accounts to have in Windows?

Hello. Sorry if the title isn't so clear.
    Due to some problems with a game on Steam, I became a little paranoid about Windows accounts.
    Are those shown in net user and folder properties, regular, or do I have some useless account? I'm the only one to use my PC.

What are regular accounts to have in Windows? [​IMG]

What are regular accounts to have in Windows? [​IMG]

:)

Siegfriedm, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown What are regular accounts to have in Windows? :(

Zakin, Feb 8, 2020
  4. What are regular accounts to have in Windows?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

What are regular accounts to have in Windows?

1. What are regular accounts to have in Windows? - Similar Threads - are regular accounts

2. Regular Windows Corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular Windows Corruption: I'm hoping for some help with an issue where Windows is corrupting on my laptop every 3ish months the past 18 months, requiring a clean install. This issue has spanned both Windows 11 and Windows 10 installs.I haven't noticed a fixed pattern leading up to the issues....
  3. Having to regularly verify my computer as a recognised device when logging into regular sites.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having to regularly verify my computer as a recognised device when logging into regular sites.: Apologies if this is a browser problem and not a Windows 10 problem but i thought i would start here. I find that when i go to log into sites that i visit regularly that intermittently i will get message from that website saying this device is new or not recognised or even...
  4. Regular "User" account, separate "Administrator" account for escalation...whats the right way?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regular "User" account, separate "Administrator" account for escalation...whats the right way?: I have two 2 accounts, one is a standard user account for all daily tasks; the second is for elevating privileges when required installing software, etc. This works 'ok' most of the time, but there are scenarios where doing this causes the software to install instead on the...
  5. Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10: Is it safer using a regular user account than an administrator account for day to day usage? If I add a 2nd user, does that mean that I have to also have a second Microsoft account, or can I have two user accounts, one admin, one regular, logged in with the same Microsoft...
  6. PC ACCOUNT -at login /regular account and EULA differences

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC ACCOUNT -at login /regular account and EULA differences: One we start a login that is also a user account - Are there unique agreements in the EULA. Is see this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement It says that: "all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages, and Microsoft is not liable for any...
  7. Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office

Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office: At least once a week, I get a message from Windows saying "Microsoft Account Problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed." and a message in Microsoft Office products saying, "Account Error. Sorry, we can't get to your account right now. To...
  8. What are regular accounts to have in Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are regular accounts to have in Windows?: Hello. Sorry if the title isn't so clear. Due to some problems with a game on Steam, I became a little paranoid about Windows accounts. Are those shown in net user and folder properties, regular, or do I have some useless account? I'm the only one to use my PC. [ATTACH]...
  9. Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??: When I set up my new Pavilion desktop, I set up my profile account using my Gmail/ Microsoft account as an ADMINISTRATOR. When I try to access my Quicken account, I get a message that Quicken does not allow administrators to access accounts! So, I suppose I have to set up...
  10. Regular

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular: Hi, For about 20% of travels in Lyon/France, when stopped at roadfire I get app can switch from coherent route to incoherent travel with a loop : [ATTACH] Then it switch back to normal (initial) route when car moves forward again... Is that a know issue?...