Windows 10: What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

Discus and support What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC? in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NotLenny, Dec 20, 2022.

1. NotLenny Win User

What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any advanced voice commands that the Windows version of Google Assistant can do which Cortana cannot? For example: Would it be possible to do things like create reminders using Google Assistant on Windows which sync with my other Google Assistant enabled devices?I use Google Assistant on both my Android smartphone and tablet, an

:)

NotLenny, Dec 20, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.1.2.2437 for Android Jan. 16

Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rosoft.cortana

What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC? [​IMG]
    Tip Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

Brink, Dec 20, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.1.2.2437 for Android Jan. 16

Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rosoft.cortana

What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC? [​IMG]
    Tip Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

Brink, Dec 20, 2022
  4. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 20, 2022
Thema:

What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

1. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC? - Similar Threads - are advantages using

2. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?: I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any...
  3. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?: I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any...
  4. windows "personal" assistant cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows "personal" assistant cortana: [ATTACH] Why is cortana like this? Literally it tries to search on bing for every single question!! https://preview.redd.it/ptejk0o32x561.png?width=405&format=png&auto=webp&s=3ceb6785cf42017eb1ef7c082fe49819a31a8ab3 submitted by /u/jiltedgondolier [link] [comments]...
  5. Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC

Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC: Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 720) I have "Google Assistant" on my computer. Because it pops up in a window on the top right hand corner of my screen constantly offering assistance when I don't want it, I want it GONE! I've searched for ways to delete it or...
  6. Google Assistant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Assistant: I need to access Google Assistant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-assistant/c0a00413-39bf-4f17-b4a9-72691d3c3d66"
  7. What is new for Google Assistant at CES 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is new for Google Assistant at CES 2019: This week, we’re at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas to showcase what’s in store for the Google Assistant in 2019. By bringing the best of Google services and AI to the Assistant, we're focused on building the most helpful digital assistant when you’re at home, in...
  8. What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?: What advantage is there to use a proxy server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-advantage-is-there-in-useing-a-proxy-server/b9bb959a-1fa0-4f27-8c7e-0780c04e7587
  9. What is the advantage of using virtual desktops over just windows?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    What is the advantage of using virtual desktops over just windows?: Very sorry if this seems a dumb question. I have never used virtual desktops and would like to know what is the advantage of using them rather than just separate windows, for example I might have 3 windows open, perhaps Photoshop, File explorer and Waterfox/firefox, how would...
  10. Get Cortana to use Google Chrome

Get Cortana to use Google Chrome: Hello! I've had this fixed before, simply by having Chrome as default browser, but now it doesn't really work and I don't know why. Tried putting Edge back as default then Chrome again, even used the control panel for it but with no luck. 69643