Windows 10: What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?

Discus and support What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The thing is, my gaming PC just has loads of useless stuff just sitting around from years and years of use. I’ve noticed it’s clunky and a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Willy988, Jan 10, 2021.

1. What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?

The thing is, my gaming PC just has loads of useless stuff just sitting around from years and years of use. I’ve noticed it’s clunky and a little slower now.

I googled how to clean a PC and was wondering what is a good routine? I’ve seen many different options. What would you do to your Pc if it’s getting overloaded with crap and you don’t want to lose all your saved informations and such? Thanks

submitted by /u/Willy988
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Willy988, Jan 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 Getting slower and slower?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you.

This issue might occurred due to some third party applications, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to disable the third party anti-virus software being installed.

Method 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Method 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 10, 2021
  4. SamuelLV Win User

What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?

1. What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer? - Similar Threads - are general tips

2. Some Helpful Tips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Helpful Tips: This makes things simpler, easier, quicker, fewer clicks, more efficient & productive. This one is super-basic, but I am often surprised that many Folks are unaware of it.#1. IF a button is live/bold it is not necessary to put your cursor to it & click... just hit Enter; such...
  3. My computer is getting slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is getting slower: My PC has been acting up for the past months and it's been bugging around with errors. Thankfully I got them resolved but my pc is getting slower and slower by the day even though I don't do anything much with it. I've played Minecraft on it for 7-8 months but it's being...
  4. I’m new to windows and computers in general got any tips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m new to windows and computers in general got any tips?: Last Christmas my mom got me a gaming laptop (it’s all I had room for so don’t make fun of me) and the day I got it I almost destroyed it with viruses and was really put off by how confusing it was. I want to start uploading videos editing streaming and gaming on pc but I...
  5. Some General Newer Computer Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Some General Newer Computer Questions: Question #1: first question is, is it bad to use the button on case daily to turn off the RGB Lightning prior to sleeping? i could sleep with it, wouldn't bother me i don't think, but lately been switching it off nightly. Just worry a bit if i turn it off too much, might...
  6. Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?: I have noticed that the rendering of the Windows 10 GUI in general is slow compared to Windows 7 (same video card, 4K monitor using 150% scaling on both). You notice the interface being "painted" in most situations (nothing so drastic as to prevent use, but noticeable). As...
  7. Some Windows Tips/Suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Windows Tips/Suggestions: Today @Windows in Twitter asked for help 'tricks' anyone might have to share with other End Users. Here are a few I offered: 1. Pin Settings to Taskbar. 2. Have an Applications window on the taskbar 3. Use multiple desktops. Organise different concerns & interests...
  8. General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions

in Windows 10 News
    General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions: [ATTACH] Nothing is worse than completing a project before time but submitting it late due to ‘Slow Scan or Print’ problem. Similarly, other issues with the scanner can cause frustration to the users. In today’s column, we’ve highlighted some major Scanner [...] This post...
  9. Some Good Tips for Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some Good Tips for Excel: I don't know how many times I've needed to know a percentage, but couldn't remember the formula. This came up today, so I thought I should share it with y'all. Excel percentage formulas: Percentage of total, percent increase or decrease, sales tax and more | PCWorld 102574
  10. Need some tips about Cleaning Windows 10 .. and Performance tips

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need some tips about Cleaning Windows 10 .. and Performance tips: Hey there I need some Tips/ideas to clean out Windows 10 I'm already using the Disk-Clean up Tool from Windows 10 and sometimes i clean out the %TEMP% Folder.. And i've Enabled this in Settings -> System -> Storage -> Smart Storage.. and Sometimes i clean that out to.....