Windows 10: What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

Discus and support What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have been using Linux many years but now I am returning back to Windows. I have Dell E6500 laptop and I like to install Win10 Pro 64 bit OS for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TooleTuite, Aug 11, 2019.

1. What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

Hi

I have been using Linux many years but now I am returning back to Windows.

I have Dell E6500 laptop and I like to install Win10 Pro 64 bit OS for that laptop. I have following "tools" in my hand:

- Win10 Pro and activation "Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to you Microsoft account" so activation of this 32 bit OS is okay

- Dell is refurbisher laptop and I have a product key for Win7

- also I have DVD as Win7 (32 bit and 64 bit) and ISO images of Win10 (32 bit and 64 bit)

Please, can you help about steps for installation:

- shall I first install Win7 (64) and then update it to Win 10 (64)?

If yes, how about activation Win10, now there is this digital licence and shall I save it or deactivated and then activated?

If no, then what are recommended steps?

Digital licence in Microsoft account - example, if I must reinstall this Win10, shall I first install Win7 etc or can I just install Win10 and digital is taking care about activation of that reinstallation?

Simple questions, I think, mostly I have been working with older Windows systems and that knowhow is not anymore valid in here What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10? :)

Br.Tapio

:)

TooleTuite, Aug 11, 2019
  2. dkwong55 Win User

Win7 to Win10 upgrade issue ... 0xC1900101-0x30017 and then 0x40017

hi, Andre,

yes, i think my note did say that i already created the bootable ISO on a DVD and started the Win10 upgrade from there. i already contacted the vendor and he gave me a list of Win10 drivers, suggested the bootable ISO upgrade method but did not recommend
    a new BIOS update.

My PC is a ZOTAC CI320none with an Intel processor running a licensed Win7 Home Premium SP1.

dkwong55, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Aug 11, 2019
  4. What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

If Win7 is free-upgraded to Win10, the partition backed up, then rolled back to Win7 before 29 July, will Win10 install from the backup with license at a later date?

This is a somewhat complex question, so please only answer if you fully understand it and
    know the answer!

Background: I have a Windows 7 computer that could be upgraded to Windows 10. I would like the free upgrade, but I don't wish to upgrade until I have to.

So I intend to do the following, if it will work:

• Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10 before 29 July (i.e. take advantage of the free upgrade offer).
    • Do a partition backup for the upgraded (Win10) partition.
    • Roll back Windows 10 to Windows 7 (before 29 July).
    • Keep running Windows 7 until a little before new Critical Updates cease to be provided for it (14/1/2020).
    • Backup my personal data files.
    • Restore the OS partition from the Win10 partition backup I made in Step 2 above.
    • Copy my personal data files from my most recent backup to their respective folders on the Win10 partition.
    My question is: Will Step 6 above result in a licensed Windows 10, or is the license destroyed forever at Microsoft's server on the rollback to Win7 in step 3?

BigBadSteve, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

1. What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10? - Similar Threads - are steps upgrade

2. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  3. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  4. what to do with folder labeled "win7" after upgrading from win7 to win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what to do with folder labeled "win7" after upgrading from win7 to win10?: the problem is when i download a program or look at a website, it has a low picture quality and it bugs me. my theory is that my os still thinks im windows 7 because i found out that i have a folder named "win7" and the files and programs from my desktop is copied in that...
  5. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  6. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  7. Retrying win10 upgrade from win7

Retrying win10 upgrade from win7: I accidently downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version. My system is 64 bit. The download/install goes through the steps until it gets to 27%. I've tried three times It stops the install and resets the system back to win7. The error code is "0x8007005-0x2000A...
  8. revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7

revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7: This is essentially a FYI post. I recently decided to upgrade from my Win7 pro to Win10 pro because I got an announcement that one of my programs (TurboTax) would not install or run on Win7 next year. I did this using some links / tutorials in this forum. They were pretty...
  9. What is the cost to upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the cost to upgrade from Win7 to Win10?: Can win10 be upgraded from win7 without the need to pay the full price? or a full price for win10 must be paid ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-cost-to-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/60b9fd5e-865e-47b9-8fd8-9755087ee429"
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update win7 to win10

2. how to upgrade form win7 to win10

3. upgrade win7 to win10

4. win7 to win10,
  5. problem upgrading win 7 pro 64 bit to win 10