Windows 10: What Are System Requirements To Run Kali Linux in Hyper-V

Discus and support What Are System Requirements To Run Kali Linux in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry, I didn't know what category to post this. I'm thinking of getting a new laptop and would like to be able to run Kali Linux in Hyper-V. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by haydnguy, Oct 7, 2019.

1. haydnguy Win User

What Are System Requirements To Run Kali Linux in Hyper-V

Sorry, I didn't know what category to post this.

I'm thinking of getting a new laptop and would like to be able to run Kali Linux in Hyper-V. My current laptop has 8 gigs of RAM. Whenever I have tried to run the Kali Linux from the Microsoft Store I have run into roadblocks to follow along with a book I have to learn.

Was wondering if 16 gig RAM would be adequate for Kali Linux running in Hyper-V.

:)

haydnguy, Oct 7, 2019

2. Kali linux Dual boot system will not install

Did you follow the official instructions?

Dual Boot Kali with Windows | Kali Linux

also check out this YouTube tutorial:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 7, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Hyper-V

Only Pro or Enterprise versions can run Hyper-V, in addition to the other requirements listed at the link I provided earlier.

JimWynne, Oct 7, 2019
  4. What Are System Requirements To Run Kali Linux in Hyper-V

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

What Are System Requirements To Run Kali Linux in Hyper-V

1. What Are System Requirements To Run Kali Linux in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Are System Requirements

2. kali linux is not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    kali linux is not installing: This app is not installing please resolve my issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux-is-not-installing/86769eba-3ac0-47f0-9fe9-a70fd8db8345
  3. kali linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    kali linux: i from were i find the kali linux vhdx file please share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux/db818b95-3664-4798-9471-d52def94159e
  4. Hyper-V Requirements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V Requirements: How to do I verify Hyper-V Requirements? I know the following: 1. Windows 10 Home > Need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 2. 64-bit processor is installed on the laptop 3. Not sure how to tell if processor is Second Level Address Translation SLAT 4. 4GB RAM installed 5....
  5. Run Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run Kali Linux: I have total of 4G RAM in TOSHIBA laptop Can I run virsual machine here? 126194
  6. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  7. Using linux mint in hyper-v resolution problem

Using linux mint in hyper-v resolution problem: I installed Linux-Mint in a gen 1 hyper-v session, and it installed fine. My main issue is that it setups up in an odd screen size and requires scroll bars. I go to display settings and it say laptop 12xx x 8xx (4:3) resolution, and no option to select 1366x768. I...
  8. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  9. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...
  10. Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!

Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!: Hi there @Kari particularly -- any experience with using the FREE 2016 server HYPER-V edition and any pitfalls as I want to try it later. Try Active Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 | TechNet Evaluation Software Best Practices for running Linux on Hyper-V | Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kali linux hyper-v requirements

2. kali linux windows 10 sys req