Windows 10: What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...

Discus and support What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible for malware to breach the firewall rule without getting administrator access in Win 10 / Win 11. Using cracked / suspicious/malicious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Souhardya Mukherjee, Mar 26, 2023.

1. What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...

Is it possible for malware to breach the firewall rule without getting administrator access in Win 10 / Win 11. Using cracked / suspicious/malicious software programs offline will it help prevent spreading infection and getting hacked / data stealing. Suppose after downloading a PDF from the internet can I get hacked if I block adobe PDF reader and the PDF file both accessing internet. Will it be possible for the malicious PDF to drop malware / steal data / change firewall settings / encrypt my data like ransomware?

:)

Souhardya Mukherjee, Mar 26, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Block ALL Programs Except Allowed Ones

You can block programs using Windows Defender, for example (ignore the strange title):
    Please Wait... | Cloudflare

E.g.

dalchina, Mar 26, 2023
  3. Reldel Win User
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and... 195431d1531392500t-turn-windows-defender-block-suspicious-behaviors-windows-10-a-capture.png1.png

What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and... 195432d1531392529t-turn-windows-defender-block-suspicious-behaviors-windows-10-a-capture.png2.png

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Mar 26, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...

No internet access

What type of security program/s do/did they have installed? I've seen McAfee and Norton both completely block internet access for no reason. Even after being uninstalled they can sometimes still block internet until you run their clean-up programs.

newtekie1, Mar 26, 2023
Thema:

What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...

1. What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and... - Similar Threads - are advantages blocking

2. What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...: Is it possible for malware to breach the firewall rule without getting administrator access in Win 10 / Win 11. Using cracked / suspicious/malicious software programs offline will it help prevent spreading infection and getting hacked / data stealing. Suppose after...
  3. What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are the advantages of blocking a suspicious program from accessing the internet and...: Is it possible for malware to breach the firewall rule without getting administrator access in Win 10 / Win 11. Using cracked / suspicious/malicious software programs offline will it help prevent spreading infection and getting hacked / data stealing. Suppose after...
  4. Internet access is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access is blocked: I have been using only windows defender and never install any 3rd party antivirus to my pc.I tried troubleshooting the issue and got an issue from BD Provider which I have no clue about....
  5. Internet Access is blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access is blocked: I'm having problems connecting to the router. The image shows my problem:It just randomly happened one day. I've tried restarting my computer and router's firmware....
  6. a program that can block internet access of another software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a program that can block internet access of another software?: window firewall is no go for me, it blue screen randomly once every 1-2 days due to wifi issue and spent days trying out 4 different wifi cards and 4-5 drivers over a span of half year with no improvement. need a software that can block internet access for current process or...
  7. INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED

INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED: [IMG]I updated my windows 10 version (1909) and since then all my browsers can't access the internet. I tried the troubleshooting approach but still I couldn't resolve it. You can see from the picture attached that I am connected to the WiFi network but "Your Internet access...
  8. Back to Basics: How to block Windows programs from accessing the internet

in Windows 10 News
    Back to Basics: How to block Windows programs from accessing the internet: Today, in our Windows 10 beginner's guide series, we'll be looking at how to block Windows programs from accessing the internet. Tip: check out some of the previous parts of the series, e.g. on changing default save locations or configuring programs to start on shutdown....
  9. Internet access blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet access blocked: Attempting to access Router, the message 'Internet Access is Blocked' shows. I have disabled Windows Firewall but still blocked. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-access-blocked/72c78239-33c1-42d7-8f66-cbf5e925e8cc"
  10. Internet Access Blocked

Internet Access Blocked: So I just noticed my plex media server is unaccessible from my TV, says server unavailable. I can view the server (which is running on my laptop) when I go to 127.0.0.1 but if I try and go to the full private ip address I get this message. I even tried turning Windows...