Windows 10: What are the appmodel tasks for? First time I see these processes.

Discus and support What are the appmodel tasks for? First time I see these processes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/G-TN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzxat1/what_are_the_appmodel_tasks_for_first_time_i_see/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/G-TN, Mar 7, 2021.

1. /u/G-TN Win User

What are the appmodel tasks for? First time I see these processes.

/u/G-TN, Mar 7, 2021

2. Appmodel's process eats 30-100% CPU

Today I made a clean installation of Windows 10 from latest installation media. I continuously get UI freezes for minutes. Task Manager shows me a process "appmodel" which uses most time more than 30 percent of CPU. Why it is so and how to fix it?

Роман Горячкин, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Task Master Processes

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disk usage on Task Manager. This issue might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: As a basic troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to search for the process that consumes more space and try to end the process by right clicking on it and clicking
    End task.

Step 2: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Also, refer to
    Free up drive space in Windows 10
    Microsoft article to free up the drive space.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 7, 2021
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. What are the appmodel tasks for? First time I see these processes. - Similar Threads - are appmodel tasks

2. What are the global processes in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the global processes in task manager?: Some of the processes:Global.AccountsGlobal.RulesEngineGlobal.DesktopSpotlightThere might've been others. I found some posts about this on this site and on Reddit.I'm just wondering if there's a schedule for them to start up because it seems sort of random so far.Thank you!...
  3. What are the global processes in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the global processes in task manager?: Some of the processes:Global.AccountsGlobal.RulesEngineGlobal.DesktopSpotlightThere might've been others. I found some posts about this on this site and on Reddit.I'm just wondering if there's a schedule for them to start up because it seems sort of random so far.Thank you!...
  4. What is the first process that Windows does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the first process that Windows does?: at Linux we have te InitI as the first proccess.It's a curiosity that I have. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-first-process-that-windows-does/669e9934-3d7d-4bf2-9629-457a5295cc09
  5. What is the first process that Windows does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the first process that Windows does?: at Linux we have te InitI as the first proccess.It's a curiosity that I have. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-first-process-that-windows-does/669e9934-3d7d-4bf2-9629-457a5295cc09
  6. What is the first process that Windows does?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. how to see ALL processes in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to see ALL processes in task manager: my task manager only shows fraction of my processes. i have 8gb ram and my laptop doing %50 on idle while showing only 900mb ram usage. how can I make it in a way that it shows them all like my friend's laptop. [ATTACH]...
  8. What process is this "ncsiuwpapp background task host"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What process is this "ncsiuwpapp background task host": In the last few days, I started to open the windows task manager, and I noticed this etranne process, and I was wondering what it could be, I went to research but I didn't find anything about the subject, so I decided to ask a question. I found an image of the process....
  9. Today I noticed these processes in the task manager, what are they?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Today I noticed these processes in the task manager, what are they?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Chuil01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6ckl1/today_i_noticed_these_processes_in_the_task/
  10. See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10: How to: See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. Run as different user allows a...