Windows 10: What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade to windows10 pro. what are my best safest cheapest options dont want to loose anything I have. * Moved from Bing * Original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephDiozzi, Mar 22, 2020.

1. What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?

I want to upgrade to windows10 pro. what are my best safest cheapest options dont want to loose anything I have.

* Moved from Bing

* Original title: i have a hp desktop windows 7

:)

JosephDiozzi, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?

1. What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - are best safest

2. What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?: Pretty much as the title says. I've read that people have purchased Win 7 Pro and used that to upgrade Win 10 Home > Pro. Does anyone know if this still works or is there any alternatives? Edit: I'm running a custom build machine if that is relevant. submitted by...
  3. What is the cheapest way to buy Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the cheapest way to buy Windows 10?: I'm currently building a new PC and was wondering if there was any better prices than on Microsoft itself for Windows 10 Home, or Pro that I could potentially buy. submitted by /u/ignVituline [link] [comments]...
  4. Legal and Cheapest options for Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Windows 7 Pro)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legal and Cheapest options for Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Windows 7 Pro): Hi there, We have 40 Windows 7 pcs need to be upgrade to Windows 10, I wondered what is the legal and cheapest option I have? Can I legally (without violating Microsoft license terms) do a clean install on these machines with brand new Windows 10 OEM keys? Your advice...
  5. Best and safest way to Clean My Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest way to Clean My Files: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  6. Best and safest Cleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest Cleaner: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  7. Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best/ Safest Way To Shutdown Windows Defender: Win 10 pro 1709. I use Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which I am comfortable with after having used Norton for years on the old machine. There are a multitude of links out there on shutting down, turning off, and even un-installing (though some claim doing this will result...
  8. Best, easiest and safest way to start over

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best, easiest and safest way to start over: It may be worth waiting a week until the new spring update is out as ISO so you install the latest version thus saving massive update
  9. what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive: I have my OS on an SSD and then I have 3 2 TB hard drives that I use to have a triple redundancy backup. I have one drive I save everything to and then I use a program called GoodSync to back up that main drive to two other drives. It is a bit overkill but I know I will have...
  10. Best & Cheapest Way to Use 3 Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best & Cheapest Way to Use 3 Monitors: I hooked up my new-to-me computer the other day. I was super excited because it had 3 ports on the video card, and while I love 2 monitors, 3 would be even better! Well, as it turns out, this version of this video card (AMD Radeon HD 5450 with VGA, DVI & HDMI) will only...