Windows 10: What are the best settings from my RAM?

Discus and support What are the best settings from my RAM? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a while ago I started having BSODs. I disabled any overclocking I did and just left my RAM at 3200Mhz by enabling DOCP and leaving everything as is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BDani, Aug 18, 2020.

1. BDani Win User

What are the best settings from my RAM?

So a while ago I started having BSODs. I disabled any overclocking I did and just left my RAM at 3200Mhz by enabling DOCP and leaving everything as is. So no voltage changes, nothing.After many hours of troubleshooting, I finally decided to run Memtest86 which aborted the test due to too many errors. I thought the RAM is faulty for sure, so I consulted here and on other forums about what are my options.

The main suggestion was to test whats at fault exactly, so for my testing:

1. Pulled out one RAM stick, ran Memtest86 (which took 2 hours to complete), 0 errors. At this point, I thought the other stick is faulty, since previously it aborted the test after over 10k errors! But I continued.
    2. I swapped the working stick from the previous stage and inserted him to the "faulty" one's slot. I thought it might also be the MB slot. Ran the test, 0 errors. So I concluded both slots are fine, which only leaves the stick.
    3. I inserted the "faulty" stick back and ran the test. Once again, 0 errors.

Now I'm wondering two things:
    1. Why was I getting over 10k errors in my first ever test which I ran a few weeks back, but now everything seems fine? Could it be the stick wasn't inserted properly?
    2. Now that there are no RAM issues, even when I leave the speed at 3200mhz, what settings can I change to make it as stable and as factory recommended as possible?

Here is my rig:
    Ryzen 5 3600
    ASUS TUF B450M Plus Gaming
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
    EVGA RTX 2070 SuperAntec EA750G Pro 750W Gold
    Win 10 Pro 2004

Here are some screenshots from CPU-Z:

What are the best settings from my RAM? lMqX7Bx.png

What are the best settings from my RAM? SN6srfl.png

What are the best settings from my RAM? Kj6OCm2.png

I'm afraid to touch settings in the BIOS without confirmation from more knowledgeable people. I read that I can change the voltage, tRC, and a few other settings to make sure my RAM is as stable as it gets, while still running at 3200mhz.
    Any tips would be great What are the best settings from my RAM? :)

:)

BDani, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 18, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin What are the best settings from my RAM? :D

DrunkenMafia, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. What are the best settings from my RAM? - Similar Threads - are best settings

2. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the best power settings?: I want my computer to download big files, but also turn it off my screen.Sleep mode stops the downloading! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-power-settings/3d28a964-babf-4eee-815e-7714c56db30a
  3. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the best power settings?: I want my computer to download big files, but also turn it off my screen.Sleep mode stops the downloading! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-power-settings/3d28a964-babf-4eee-815e-7714c56db30a
  4. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  6. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  7. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats the best settings for power: best settings for power on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-settings-for-power/e5548e91-f089-45cb-a0c0-9a2e0d6de560
  8. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats the best settings for power: best settings for power on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-settings-for-power/e5548e91-f089-45cb-a0c0-9a2e0d6de560
  9. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  10. What are the best download settings for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the best download settings for my laptop: What are the best download settings for my laptop - Windows 10 downloads sometimes stall and I have to reset computer. Do I have a choice about how the download is done? Something that would stop the crashing?...