Windows 10: What are the best things to do while wiping my computer?

Discus and support What are the best things to do while wiping my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I suspect I might have some sort of virus, probably multiple. I've been having so many random computer problems for the past year that I don't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuacksterJones, Mar 3, 2021.

1. What are the best things to do while wiping my computer?

I suspect I might have some sort of virus, probably multiple. I've been having so many random computer problems for the past year that I don't even know what to do to fix it. I downloaded some free virus scanner a few months ago, and it said I had a lot, don't know if I should trust that or not, but it only makes my suspicion stronger.

I'm losing random hardrive space, my C: drive is down to like 300 mb. My computer has been having hitches. In the past two or three days, my computer has completely froze, forcing me to use my power switch to restart it. I've also been noticing it just perform worse on tasks overall.

I'm trying to go through individual photos, videos, saves, files, all that stuff, but I feel like I'll gloss over something important without noticing. For some things, well, I don't even know if they need saving. I've never gotten to wiping my computer just because I'm too scared too lose something. I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I'm just going to spam out a bunch of my most pressing questions.

What are important files I should keep, if any? What is the most efficient way to save files? Where should I be saving them to? I've been using google drive so far, a bit of onedrive too, is that the best there is for what I'm doing?

Theres more to these questions, but I won't type out a whole list. If anyone could give me some suggestions, tips, it would all be appreciated. I just need all the help I can find right now.

submitted by /u/QuacksterJones
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuacksterJones, Mar 3, 2021

2. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Cant activate windows 10 after wipe, key is from windows 8.1 that i upgraded from

Hi Ryan,

To assist you better, we would like to confirm if Windows 10 is activated before you wiped your computer.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • On the left pane, choose Activation.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 3, 2021
  4. maxal Win User

What are the best things to do while wiping my computer?

Wiped My Computer By Accident

Hi, just found this on the web,

About "Wipe Partition"

Wipe Partition feature in MiniTool Partition Wizard can erase all data on the specified partition permanently, and the erased data can't be recovered by any data recovery solution. Therefore, wiping partition is a quite good way to prevent private or confidential information from being leaked. MiniTool Partition Wizard tutorial below will show users detailed steps.

Not sure now if what you said to do will me now what do you think.

maxal, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

What are the best things to do while wiping my computer?

1. What are the best things to do while wiping my computer? - Similar Threads - are best things

2. What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?: My computer has been crashing randomly, doesn't use solid state drive and will use a ton of RAM to operate. Need to uninstall and relinstall windows. Have tried all other recovery options and Dell tells me that I need to do a full reset. What is the fastest way to do this? I...
  3. What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?: My computer has been crashing randomly, doesn't use solid state drive and will use a ton of RAM to operate. Need to uninstall and relinstall windows. Have tried all other recovery options and Dell tells me that I need to do a full reset. What is the fastest way to do this? I...
  4. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  5. What is the best way to backup my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to backup my computer?: best way to make backup of whole system all programs, windows and etc and plz explain the following 1. File history2. Recovery driveif something happens like my boot drive fails then what to do*original title: backup...
  6. What Antivirus Software Is Best For my Computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Antivirus Software Is Best For my Computer?: I have Windows 10 Home Edtion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-antivirus-software-is-best-for-my-computer/888964cf-69a8-4b35-a198-3ad6d800d379
  7. what things are best to use for a vpn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what things are best to use for a vpn: um I really want to know how to set up a very good VPN because I don't know how to and I have tried many times so I want to know how to set up the best VPN possible....
  8. My computer keeps wiping things at random times

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer keeps wiping things at random times: Most days, I log into my desktop and everything is fine and peachy keen. I'm logged into everything, all of my Minecraft worlds are there, everything is at peace. About once or twice a month, I'll log in with this expectation only to find that I have been logged out of...
  9. What are the best things to do with a clean Windows 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the best things to do with a clean Windows 10 installation?: So, my PC is having issues and I’ve decided on a clean install. I feel like some of those issues were attributed to me not configuring and setting up windows properly, like for example, my audio driver was not working properly. An extensible alternative to notepad and...
  10. BSOD intermittently while doing different things on the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intermittently while doing different things on the computer: Hey guys, Ive been getting bsods recently while doing seemingly unrelated things. The most recent one I got was when I was playing a game on steam. I have attached the .dmp file to the forum message. What do you guys see? The BSOD error message that would show up is...