Windows 10: What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?

Discus and support What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've created 2 certificates for myself, but I didn't intend to do that. So I opened MMC, navigated to the certificates and removed them. I am not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Apr 12, 2021.

1. What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?

I've created 2 certificates for myself, but I didn't intend to do that. So I opened MMC, navigated to the certificates and removed them. I am not sure if I removed only these 2 certificates. What would happen if I removed a random certificate, would I be exposed online? What is the purpose of the certificates and do they get back on my PC once I use the software that needed the certificate? I hope I didn't screw anything up.

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Apr 12, 2021

2. E90 importing self-signed certificate nightmares

Hi!

I want to import selfsigned certificate on customer's E90.

I've I copied correctly exported certificate to phone, but the E90 file manager always says "File format not supported".

I've tried with .cer, converted to .der with the following page:
    http://www.redelijkheid.com/symcaimport/

I've been through all suggestions and step guides found on internet. Customer support does not have a clue what I'm talking about.

I'm looking for anybody who has succesfuly imported any kind of certificate in to this model certificate store or anybody who can simply answer this question: what type of certicates does this model support.

Thanx for you answers,

Toni

toniu---01, Apr 12, 2021
  3. SK-1 Win User
    Importance of PSU Certification

I cant believe I am limited to this for certified Tri Sli. How important is it and, what are some alternatives to these listed?

What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they? Capture046.jpg

4. What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?

Importing a SSL certificate in window server 2016

The command you ran placed the certificate in the LocalMachine\Personal store. To export it as a PFX file, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Start button and click Run
    2. Type mmc and hit Enter
    3. Hit Ctrl+M (or click File -> Add/Remove Snap-in...)
    4. Select Certificates from the Available snap-ins and click Add >
    5. Select Computer account and click Next, then Finish
    6. Expand Certificates (Local Computer) -> Personal -> Certificates
    7. Right-click your certificate in the pane on the right and select All tasks -> Export...
    8. Follow the wizard to export your certificate to a PFX file (select Yes, export the private key to export it as PFX).

FastEthernet, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?

1. What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they? - Similar Threads - are certificates important

2. What is the best certification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best certification: what is the best certification path if you'd like to work with Cyber Securety ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-certification/2963e5d7-ed51-45f2-9c3d-32d4e0f26351
  3. What is the best certification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best certification: what is the best certification path if you'd like to work with Cyber Securety ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-certification/2963e5d7-ed51-45f2-9c3d-32d4e0f26351
  4. what are certificates and what do they do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are certificates and what do they do?: what do all these mean? and what do they do?is it safe to remove them and if i remove them what will happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-certificates-and-what-do-they-do/bc94dd45-0cb1-4059-bdb5-c0f8be661e81
  5. what are certificates and what do they do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what are certificates and what do they do?: what do all these mean? and what do they do?is it safe to remove them and if i remove them what will happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-certificates-and-what-do-they-do/bc94dd45-0cb1-4059-bdb5-c0f8be661e81
  6. what are certificates and what do they do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows changed my PFX certificate - Old certificate will not import

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows changed my PFX certificate - Old certificate will not import: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.928 Hey guys. This is the second time my Windows machine has decided to change my PFX certificate on me without asking/warning. I have an external HDD with files that are encrypted with a PFX file that I created in 2018. About 6 months...
  8. Is there anyway to import multiple certificates at once?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there anyway to import multiple certificates at once?: I have a lot of certificates *.crt and *.der to import into my computer's certificate store. The certmgr.exe options seems only to support importing a single certificate each time. Is there anyway to import all those certificates at once without importing each one...
  9. What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?: I've started getting this Event 64 certificate warning: [img] I tracked down the thumbprint of the offending certificate which is this one: [img] Can someone please advise what this certificate relates to and what I should do to fix the issue since I've never seen...
  10. Import Encrypting File System Certificate and Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Encrypting File System Certificate and Key in Windows 10: How to: Import Encrypting File System Certificate and Key in Windows 10 How to Import Your EFS File Encryption Certificate and Key in Windows 10 [img] Information The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and...