Windows 10: What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting an HDD?

Discus and support What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting an HDD? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, all. I have a 1 TB external USB 3.0 HDD that I use as a backup drive. I'm thinking of encrypting it using BitLocker (not sure which method I'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Silexium, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Silexium Win User

What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting an HDD?

Hey, all.

I have a 1 TB external USB 3.0 HDD that I use as a backup drive. I'm thinking of encrypting it using BitLocker (not sure which method I'm going to end up using). What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting the drive during encryption/decryption? Have any of you had good experience with BitLocker?

:)

Silexium, Mar 2, 2021

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Mar 2, 2021
  3. corrupt hdd

I have an 8 year old ibm thinkpad r51 and it now has a corrupt internal hdd...... i dont no much about computers so please suggest what i should do?

unistarviv, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

HDD Corrupt

well I'm sorry Dan, but when you have years worth of work on an hdd you don't care how pointless a command is espesially when it says something to the affect of "your master boot record seems to be modified or corrupted". When you get that you kinda don't care making a new one just seems to be a good idea. As for recovery console I was hoping running off of a disk would work because their is a chance he might not get a read only error seeing as he is not currently working off of the hdd. Not entirely sure but its a thought, and a much more effective step tword helping him than the space you just wasted with a post directed tword telling me I'm wrong about something that hasn't been tried.....or did he say he already had?

Solaris17, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting an HDD? - Similar Threads - are chances BitLocker

2. HDD with Windows is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD with Windows is corrupted: Every time I boot now, it puts me right into recovery mode, but when I hit "continue to windows" it reboots and brings me right back I don't know what caused it, but after a PC build, it kept disk checking every boot. Yesterday it was running chdsk /f and it didn't seem to...
  3. This is my last chance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is my last chance: I need help fixing my shimmering and flickering in game. I asked every subreddit and never get a answer back im stressed out at this point . Anyone know how to fix this? https://imgur.com/a/iN96guX submitted by /u/OpCole [link] [comments]...
  4. Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.: I have a seagate usb 3 external hard drive. it has been bitlocker encrypted. It has also been damaged in some way. When I boot my machine with legacy setup in the bios most usb drives show up (flash drive and another external usb 3 drive). The problem drive is not showing...
  5. corrupt hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupt hdd: my computer has a corrupt boot sector and will not boot from a iso or anything else. It says there is not enought room on the hdd to move and correct the data so I have re-formated the drive and want to reinstall my software and windows 10 pro as it was before the...
  6. Bitlocker on external HDD stuck at 24%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on external HDD stuck at 24%: I've made several attempts to encrypt my external HDD. It is a 3TB Western Digital. On this last attempt it hit 24% in a few hours and sat on that for 2 days.... It gets stuck in the low 20%'s everytime... Help Andrew...
  7. What does BitLocker encrypt?

What does BitLocker encrypt?: Does BitLocker just encrypt your hard-drive, or does it also encrypt network traffic like your inbound and outbound emails? 94507
  8. Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation

Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a HP Proliant ML110 G7 machine, and decided to install bitlocker using a password and USB key. The machine does NOT have a TPM installed. I first activated it on 2 logical volumes. Then I tried to activate it on my OS boot drive (C*Smile, and...
  9. What are my chances of Windows 10 Activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What are my chances of Windows 10 Activating: I've been using an old E8400 based machine for years, I've gradually updated the power supply, Gaming Video card and new SSD and Windows 10 is still activated. Unfortunately a couple of my racing games have had major upgrades and slowed my system down severely, due to mainly...
  10. External HDD is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD is corrupted and unreadable: I ran chkdsk /f and now I get the "inaccessible" message. Is there any way to recover this drive without losing all my video files that are on it? 79455