Windows 10: What are the consequences of resetting lumia windows phone 10(last version).

Discus and support What are the consequences of resetting lumia windows phone 10(last version). in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a microsoft lumia 640 XL which is updated to the latest version of windows mobile 10 or maybe insider one(updating already ). Does resetting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rezamokhtari, Nov 30, 2018.

1. What are the consequences of resetting lumia windows phone 10(last version).

I have a microsoft lumia 640 XL which is updated to the latest version of windows mobile 10 or maybe insider one(updating already ).

Does resetting it return it to 8.1(Factory OS) or not?

I mean it just clear the user data or OS+user data?

:)

rezamokhtari, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

What are the  consequences of resetting lumia windows phone 10(last version). [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. 95Viper Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

Got a Lumia 822 with Windows 8.10.14203.306 (plus, also, ran WP 10 for a short while... to many problems in the earlier versions; so, I put 8.1 back).
    And, Glance is not needed as an app add-on (as it was on WP 8.0 and WP8.1)... it is included in the settings and works great in WP8.1 update and WP10.

If you are in a country that WP10 is available at this time and your phone is listed, all you need do is sign up for the Windows 10 insider app on your phone and run update to install the WP10 preview... no hacking needed.
    Or, you change your phone to US, as you did.
    You don't have to do all the hacking this and that.

EDIT:
    If you do not have Glance on your phone... you can try searching the app store for it and install or re-install it; or, try the app Nokia update and see if that will install any missing items.
    There is a Glance screen bug, where some people are not getting the glance screen.
    There are some other bugs where people have had to reset phone or re-install the everything.

Goodluck.

95Viper, Nov 30, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

What are the consequences of resetting lumia windows phone 10(last version).

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

What are the consequences of resetting lumia windows phone 10(last version).

1. What are the consequences of resetting lumia windows phone 10(last version). - Similar Threads - are consequences resetting

2. Can’t reset Lumia phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reset Lumia phone: When attempting to reset my Lumia 950, l get"Oops! Looks like we ran into a problem trying to turn off Reset Protection. Make sure you have a network connection and try again later."So, I did a hard reset using the button sequence found...
  3. Can’t reset Lumia phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t reset Lumia phone: When attempting to reset my Lumia 950, l get"Oops! Looks like we ran into a problem trying to turn off Reset Protection. Make sure you have a network connection and try again later."So, I did a hard reset using the button sequence found...
  4. Nokia Lumia Windows Phone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nokia Lumia Windows Phone: Hello there. My phone was on Windows 7.8. When I connected it to Zune, it froze. The screen displays pictorial instructions to connect to PC. However when I did that Windows displayed a message that the USB was not recognised. I took the phone to a repair shop and was...
  5. Probem with Windows Lumia Phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Probem with Windows Lumia Phone: My almost problem free Lumia 435 Phone has a problem now when making a phone call. The moment I try to connect, the screen goes blank (black) and remains blank --- this makes it difficult to tell if a connection has been established. Not having had problems with the phone in...
  6. lumia phone support

in Windows 10 Customization
    lumia phone support: Guys, I need your support my contacts at my Lumia mobile dont appear after I erase Hotmail (I reset it back although ). The problem started when I couldn't send or receive sms....
  7. Lumia 'phone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lumia 'phone.: I can't find a link to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/lumia-phone/71a464f7-e991-4f2d-9104-6c98dceae007
  8. What's The ETA For Windows 10 on Lumia Phones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's The ETA For Windows 10 on Lumia Phones?: Does anyone know if there's an ETA for when Win 10 RTM will be rolling out on supported Lumia phones? 21010
  9. What are the consequences?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are the consequences?: From Understanding The Windows 10Timeline (As of 11/21/17) Among the biggest drivers setting the pace of Windows 10 upgrades are the new Windows 10 Feature Updates. Microsoft releases two feature updates a year, one in March and one in September. Since feature...
  10. Lumia Phones and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Lumia Phones and Windows 10: [img] Windows 10 ushers in a new generation of more personal computing across the broadest range of devices, from big screens to small screens, to no screens at all. Introducing innovations such as a new version of Cortana, a better web experience, a new suite of in-box...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting windows mobile 10 phone? 2019