Windows 10: What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?

Discus and support What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini. What are the contents of this file on Windows 11 Pro?Note that I am asking about the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leonardo the Vinci, Nov 21, 2022.

1. What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?

I accidentally deleted C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini. What are the contents of this file on Windows 11 Pro?Note that I am asking about the file in C:\Users\Public and not in C:\Users\<UserName>.

:)

Leonardo the Vinci, Nov 21, 2022

2. Public Desktop showing instead of user desktop when logged in (Windows 10)

Upon login to Windows 10 using my username (the only one on the machine), it has now started bringing up the 'public' desktop instead of my 'user' desktop. I have no idea how to get my desktop folder to show back up as the desktop. I figured out that
    it was now displaying the contents of the public user folder because my anti-virus updated and put an icon/shortcut on the desktop. It was the only icon on this desktop. When I looked to see where the shortcut was located, it showed "C:\Users\Public\Desktop". Prior
    to this I thought maybe it was in tablet mode like the forums suggest. Not the case here. Any thoughts on how I can get MY desktop back instead of the public one?

DougAlberts, Nov 21, 2022
  3. surfing69 Win User
    Why does the desktop show both User and Public items?

I was cleaning up my Desktop in Windows explorer when i noticed that there were more items on my Desktop than that listed in windows explorer.

I eventually found out that the content on my Desktop was a mixture of files from User Desktop AND Public Desktop.

This was both unexpected and extremely frustrating

I expected ONLY those files in the User Desktop to be found on the Desktop.

I would like to know why the other files i found on the desktop were placed in the Public Desktop in Windows Explorer.

Any help would be appreciated.

surfing69, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Ztruker Win User

What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?

"Public" folders content visibility for other users?

Public folders are under C:\Users\Public.

Some of their content I see reflected in my folders, other content not so. Specifically Public\Desktop shows on my Desktop.

Ztruker, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?

1. What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini? - Similar Threads - are contents UsersPublicDesktopdesktop

2. Contents of C:\Windows Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents of C:\Windows Missing: Windows Won't BootOpened Command Prompt from Troubleshooting menu and the C:\ drive looks intact but the C:\Windows folder is completely empty except for C:\Windows\Logs\RecEnv_Ramdisk\ .Tried Running:chkdsksfcdismNothing works returns errors...
  3. Contents of C:\Windows Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents of C:\Windows Missing: Windows Won't BootOpened Command Prompt from Troubleshooting menu and the C:\ drive looks intact but the C:\Windows folder is completely empty except for C:\Windows\Logs\RecEnv_Ramdisk\ .Tried Running:chkdsksfcdismNothing works returns errors...
  4. Contents of C:\Windows Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot read file C:\ProgramData\client32.ini 80

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot read file C:\ProgramData\client32.ini 80: Every time I start my computer and I get into my desktop, I get the message "Cannot read file C:\ProgramData\Client32.ini 80". I have no clue how to fix this. I noticed that when I thought I saved information from a health-chart app as a PDF onto my desktop, it had not been...
  6. Cannot read file C:\ProgramData\client32.ini 80

Cannot read file C:\ProgramData\client32.ini 80: Every time I start my computer and I get into my desktop, I get the message "Cannot read file C:\ProgramData\Client32.ini 80". I have no clue how to fix this. I noticed that when I thought I saved information from a health-chart app as a PDF onto my desktop, it had not been...
  7. What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?: I accidentally deleted C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini. What are the contents of this file on Windows 11 Pro?Note that I am asking about the file in C:\Users\Public and not in C:\Users\<UserName>....
  8. Script to add the contents clipboard on a particular line of ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Script to add the contents clipboard on a particular line of ini file: I have O&O Registry Editor. It uses an ini file, to remember the last opened registry key. I would like to have a script that would copy the contents of the clipboard to the line called: LastAddress= I've researched modifying ini files, but don't know the way to copy &...
  9. what is a .ini icon?

what is a .ini icon?: I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/what-is-a-ini-icon/11adb71a-4cd6-4a41-b307-0788047abf35
  10. What is "cloud content"?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is "cloud content"?: could someone please clarify what is "cloud content"? would it effect weather app? [img] 110785