Windows 10: What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

Discus and support What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to use windows10 explorer from inside a perl script to collect directory information and need the application control codes.Based on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Douglass Lankenau, Mar 31, 2023.

1. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

I am trying to use windows10 explorer from inside a perl script to collect directory information and need the application control codes.Based on the research I have done so far I suspect they will be found in an include file.

:)

Douglass Lankenau, Mar 31, 2023

2. Internet Explorer script error

Hi Diana,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Is this issue is specific to a website or multiple website?
    • Is any toolbar is installed on the browser?
    These webpage script errors are usually it is harmless. However, did you try disabling the warnings? If not, try disabling the warnings and check.

• Open Internet explorer and press Alt + X, click on
      Internet Options and click on Advanced.

• Check "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable script debugging (Other)" and also, uncheck "Display a notification about every script error."
    If that does not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to reset Internet explorer and check. Please follow the below steps

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Click on Advanced tab and click on
      Reset
      button.
    Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

Disclaimer:
    The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Tired of script error

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions regarding the query:

• What is the complete error message or error code?
    • When exactly are you getting the script errors?
    • Are you getting script errors while using Internet Explorer?
    If yes, I would suggest you to follow the steps in the below link to on troubleshooting script errors in Internet Explorer.

Refer to the link below on How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/308260

Hope this helps!

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Mar 31, 2023
  4. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

Script Errors in Internet Explorer - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

I will check what best I can do to help you out and ensure you receive assistance as soon as possible.

This might have occurred if the Active scripting, ActiveX controls, or Java programs are blocked on your computer or on the network. Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/308260#bookmark-cause

Step 2: I suggest you to check and Install if there are updates pending.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

• Press Windows logo + R keys, enter
      ms-settings: and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 3: If the issue persist, let us try to reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting
    problems that might be caused by settings changed after installation. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Refer: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Microsoft Support

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also
    reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

1. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script - Similar Threads - are control codes

2. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script: I am trying to use windows10 explorer from inside a perl script to collect directory information and need the application control codes.Based on the research I have done so far I suspect they will be found in an include file....
  3. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script: I am trying to use windows10 explorer from inside a perl script to collect directory information and need the application control codes.Based on the research I have done so far I suspect they will be found in an include file....
  4. There is a pThere is a problem with the Script Control msscript.ocx.problem with the Script...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a pThere is a problem with the Script Control msscript.ocx.problem with the Script...: There is a problem with the Script Control msscript.ocx. How can I get this fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-pthere-is-a-problem-with-the-script/0bccc55f-123a-4490-8d4f-f15ca840b5df
  5. There is a pThere is a problem with the Script Control msscript.ocx.problem with the Script...

There is a pThere is a problem with the Script Control msscript.ocx.problem with the Script...: There is a problem with the Script Control msscript.ocx. How can I get this fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-pthere-is-a-problem-with-the-script/0bccc55f-123a-4490-8d4f-f15ca840b5df
  6. Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations: I'm looking for a way to script / invoke from the command line the "connect / disconnect" operations in Settings / Bluetooth on Windows 10. https://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools… used to work but doesn't anymore.Any clue?...
  7. Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations: I'm looking for a way to script / invoke from the command line the "connect / disconnect" operations in Settings / Bluetooth on Windows 10. https://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools… used to work but doesn't anymore.Any clue?...
  8. Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations

9. Log volume control operations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log volume control operations: Hi. I have a VoIP application installed that takes control over the volume when a call is present. My problem is that the app raises the volume 10-20% for each call, and before I know it my ears are bleeding. The company Mitel blames Windows for this action, but I'm...
  10. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator: Hello I have been developing a Powershell script using Powershell ISE, and for the most part i am very happy about it, however i have encountered what i believe to be a bug in the call operator (&). When i use the call operator followed by a "pure" string everything works...