Windows 10: What Are The Dangers of Keeping a Link with a Virus in a Saved email on Your Computer

Discus and support What Are The Dangers of Keeping a Link with a Virus in a Saved email on Your Computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, A friend refuses to remove a link that contains a virus -- it downloads immediately and produces fake websites -- from her computer. Is there a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Sep 15, 2019.

1. What Are The Dangers of Keeping a Link with a Virus in a Saved email on Your Computer

Hello,

A friend refuses to remove a link that contains a virus -- it downloads immediately and produces fake websites -- from her computer. Is there a danger if she doesn't send out the link anymore, but keeps it anyway?

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Sep 15, 2019

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Sep 15, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Java/OpenStream.W.
    is this link and it does not apear that it sends emails
    http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-139044-en--Trojan.Downloader.Java.Openstream.W.html

Java/Rowindal.A
    IS this link, this also doesnt seem to send emails
    Trojan:Java/Rowindal Description | F-Secure Labs

They both however will download more maleware that may have been responsible for the emails

DRDNA, Sep 15, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

What Are The Dangers of Keeping a Link with a Virus in a Saved email on Your Computer

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

What Are The Dangers of Keeping a Link with a Virus in a Saved email on Your Computer

1. What Are The Dangers of Keeping a Link with a Virus in a Saved email on Your Computer - Similar Threads - Are Dangers Keeping

2. Virus Attack danger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Attack danger: Hi,I think I have been victim of a Virus attack and I'm not sure how to fix this.I searched in google for Google Drive download and by mistake I clicked on a "Add" link that looked exactly like google Drive. But after clicking install nothing happened. Link "->...
  3. Virus Attack danger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Attack danger: Hi,I think I have been victim of a Virus attack and I'm not sure how to fix this.I searched in google for Google Drive download and by mistake I clicked on a "Add" link that looked exactly like google Drive. But after clicking install nothing happened. Link "->...
  4. What are the dangers of changing HWID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the dangers of changing HWID?: So I've heard a lot about HWID spoofers, and I understand that some of them do change the HWID instead of masking it.But I've seen in another post that going directly into the registry to change it can actually be risky to your device. Because of this, I now ask for the risks...
  5. What are the dangers of changing HWID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the dangers of changing HWID?: So I've heard a lot about HWID spoofers, and I understand that some of them do change the HWID instead of masking it.But I've seen in another post that going directly into the registry to change it can actually be risky to your device. Because of this, I now ask for the risks...
  6. Is this a phony/dangerous link?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a phony/dangerous link?: Hi. I was trying to look up a "suspicious" IP it turned out to be something on my system, I found out shortly later. Unfortunately, in the meantime, I did a quick bing search, simply typing in the numbers of the IP. I think it was the first link that came up. I'd never heard...
  7. Dangerous link

Dangerous link: Hi If I click on a dangerous link but I close the link tab when it's loading so it can hacked my pc even the link does not load and I closed it so there is any chance bcz my net was also slow and I close it immediately even the website does load and not come in browser...
  8. How Microsoft decide what is a virus/danger files? and how to make an exception for VOLFORT?

How Microsoft decide what is a virus/danger files? and how to make an exception for VOLFORT?: Hello Microsoft and Community, Many traders who use VOLFORT.com as their trading platform suddenly gets it blocked automatically by Windows Security, How Microsoft decide VOLFORT is a virus? how to make an exception for VOLFORT files? the files getting deleted are: -...
  9. Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?

Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?: I was watching a video of a guy who was testing the WannaCry ransomware and he said that if it was a .exe file, it could become dangerously more harmful, is that true?...
  10. Dangerous Links: Did I just click on a malicious link?

Dangerous Links: Did I just click on a malicious link?: I may sound paranoid, but I know my personal information can be accessed by me just clicking on a link as this happened to me earlier in the year. Is there some kind of "online scanner" I can use to check if a link contains malicious intentions like if it wants to steal my...