Windows 10: What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?

Discus and support What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do I have access to more/different things if I have it set to US? What are the differences (no matter how little) between the two. (Or even a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ClassyBallsack, Nov 24, 2020.

1. What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?

Do I have access to more/different things if I have it set to US?

What are the differences (no matter how little) between the two. (Or even a different country altogether).

I realize this question isn't about Windows per se, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

submitted by /u/ClassyBallsack
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ClassyBallsack, Nov 24, 2020

2. How do I change the country setting from USA to Canada on my Zune account?

I was trying to update my windows 7 HD7 phone, I need to change to location or country to Canada from USA.

Sandra1063, Nov 24, 2020
  3. IP address location wrong country

My browser shows that I'm in Canada and reroutes all my sites through Canada even though I'm in Michigan. My settings in Chrome show I'm in the US. Despite that, all my sites, such as AOL and Amazon, locate me in Canada. It also registers I'm in Canada
    on other browsers, such as Explorer and Safari. The problem is on this computer both in my office and at home when I bring it home. I've rebooted by router with no improvement. I've gone into Settings on Chrome and the Control Panel in Windows to make sure
    it says I'm in the USA, which it does. I've spoken to AT&T, my service provider, which was no help. Any suggestions??

MarcRosen1, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA?

1. What are the differences between setting my PC's country location to Canada vs USA? - Similar Threads - are differences between

2. How do I set up a VPN between two computers in different countries? Between myself and my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set up a VPN between two computers in different countries? Between myself and my...: Is it possible to set up a VPN between computers in different countries? My friend is in London, UK and I am in the US. I knowwe are being watched or listened to at his end. Is it possible to set up a VPN between just 2 computers?...
  3. How do I set up a VPN between two computers in different countries? Between myself and my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set up a VPN between two computers in different countries? Between myself and my...: Is it possible to set up a VPN between computers in different countries? My friend is in London, UK and I am in the US. I knowwe are being watched or listened to at his end. Is it possible to set up a VPN between just 2 computers?...
  4. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  5. Difference between made in difference country.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference between made in difference country.: I want to know what is the difference between made in the USA vs. made in Vietnam windows 10 pro original. is there any difference in the specification or something else?...
  6. What's the difference between these 2 display settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the difference between these 2 display settings?: Both of them seem to allow you to make stuff on the screen larger as you can see I like things to be a bit bigger on such a hi-res screen. But what's the actual difference? For example... Would either of them affect viewing a hi-res video, say on Netflix? Would one of...
  7. Canada buying in USA store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Canada buying in USA store: Hello, I am a canadian with canada address and I want to buy something in the US store. Does anyone know how I can purchase from US store with Canadian address? Thanks, Young...
  8. Location of Country

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location of Country: Hi, I have recently returned to UK after living in Holland for a number of years. I am encountering problems when trying to download some apps, where I am either informed that my country is not supported, or the version that is loaded is the Dutch version. An example is...
  9. Difference between clean install with media creation tool vs. "Reset this PC" in Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between clean install with media creation tool vs. "Reset this PC" in Settings: Hi all – What's the difference between doing a clean install with the media creation tool vs. choosing "Reset this PC" in the Recovery settings? How-To Geek describes a clean install using the media creation tool. CNET describes a clean install as going into Settings -->...
  10. What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?: In File Explorer I can see a number of ways to access my files. For example, if I wanted to go to my Pictures; I can go straight to Libraries >Pictures and make a selection Or I can go to 'This PC'> Pictures and make a selection So what is the difference? I know I am...