Windows 10: What are the fields output by Steps Recorder?

Discus and support What are the fields output by Steps Recorder? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Steps Recorder as a way to log user actions so I can harvest data (programs used, buttons selected, etc.) I'd like to know, are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by baddad828, Aug 26, 2019.

1. baddad828 Win User

What are the fields output by Steps Recorder?

Hi,

I'm using Steps Recorder as a way to log user actions so I can harvest data (programs used, buttons selected, etc.)

I'd like to know, are there standard field definitions for Microsoft tools (e.g.: excel, word, …)?

Some are obvious, but if there is a file with names for each field output to the recorded steps file...that would be extremely helpful!

thx,

J

:)

baddad828, Aug 26, 2019
  2. weybrew Win User

Steps Recorder there... but not there

I seemed to have been saved by a link to this fix:
    Please use regedit to rename hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\AppCompat - changeAppCompat to AppCompat_HOLD . Then try launching PSR again.
    Tried it and now Steps Recorder seems to be working as it should.
    But to follow up on your suggestion, I'm going to try to find and repair the corrupt files that my sfc scan found... after setting a restore point!
    Thanks for your help.

weybrew, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User

Are you trying to use this? - C:\Windows\System32\psr.exe
    [Start menu, Windows accessories, Steps recorder - but often referred to as the Problem steps recorder]

It is supposed to launch a small UI dialog and it should also be shown on the Taskbar but, from your description, this does not happen. Does anything happen at all?

What are the fields output by Steps Recorder? [​IMG]

Denis

4. Mooly Win User

I really don't know what to suggest to you.

Even though you can not see it on screen, does it show in task manager ? I wonder if it might be worth you running a system file check using :

sfc/ SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt.

What are the fields output by Steps Recorder? [​IMG]

Mooly, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. What are the fields output by Steps Recorder? - Similar Threads - are fields output

2. What now? Followed step-by-step to clean install Win10 and I'm stuck here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What now? Followed step-by-step to clean install Win10 and I'm stuck here: https://imgur.com/a/3y5j1aL I followed a tedious and tiring guide on how to clean install Windows 10. Deleted the other partitions as said, and now I can't install the OS. I tried troubleshooting via cmd using another guide, and nothing. Did I fuck up my hard drive? I have...
  3. My microphone is recording output sent to my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is recording output sent to my headset: I've been struggling with this for a few months so I decided I might as well post it here. Whenever I use my microphone it also records whatever my computer is outputing, and it's not like the actual audio coming from the headset is being recorded, my headset is a...
  4. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...
  5. How is the step recorder constructed

How is the step recorder constructed: I need to know how is the step recorder constructed not how it works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-the-step-recorder-constructed/82d34904-e6e0-4618-b7cd-778ce330b973
  6. What are the steps to rollback windows 10 version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the steps to rollback windows 10 version?: My current windows version is 1803 build.i need to rollback to 1703.i created a bootable usb using rufuss(gpt partition and uefi).i need to install windows on ssd ,do i need to change sata mode t AHCI( currently it is optane).do i need to disable secure boot inorder to...
  7. Problem Steps Recorder Windows 10

Problem Steps Recorder Windows 10: Hi Is there a way that I can extract the screenshots from my PSR file into excel? (without individually snipping each) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-steps-recorder-windows-10/b712a900-381e-404e-ab34-1d536e77c1e8
  8. What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to a external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to a external drive: What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to an external drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-step-by-step-procedure-to-back-up-my/197aab1c-1347-4d67-8baf-d23f8724509a
  9. Steps Recorder won't open.

Steps Recorder won't open.: I've installed the 1809 update on my Lenovo desktop and it has been working great except the last week or two the Steps Recorder program is not opening. I click the icon and the program. I restart the computer and it won't open. It just will not open....
  10. Steps Recorder there... but not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps Recorder there... but not there: I had been reading about using a screen steps recorder and found that one is built into Windows 10. I found it but despite multiple attempts to use it, launching it does nothing. I found the program files, shortcuts, and .exe files, but using them does not turn on the...