Windows 10: What are the hidden features we HAVE to disable in Windows 10?

Discus and support What are the hidden features we HAVE to disable in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Inspired by this post, I guess there are many similar things. What can we disable to make our experience better? Updates, hidden settings, cache... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/neilpare, Jan 7, 2021.

1. What are the hidden features we HAVE to disable in Windows 10?

Inspired by this post, I guess there are many similar things.

What can we disable to make our experience better?

Updates, hidden settings, cache build-up, everything can be cool!

submitted by /u/neilpare
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/neilpare, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2021
  4. What are the hidden features we HAVE to disable in Windows 10?

Spotlight Feature photos query on Windows 10.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting.

You might not find the folder because the folder could be hidden. I suggest you to follow the below steps to show hidden folders in Windows 10.Here's how to display hidden files and folders.

• Open Folder Options by Opening Control Panel, clicking
      Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

• Click the View tab.

• Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click
      OK.

Now check if you can see hidden folders.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

What are the hidden features we HAVE to disable in Windows 10?

1. What are the hidden features we HAVE to disable in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - are hidden features

2. I have a new feature in windows security what is this new feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new feature in windows security what is this new feature: HI I was wanting to now something. I recently went into Virus % Threat protection, and then I clicked on Virus % threat protection settings. Under Real time protection their is a feature I have never seen before. This feature is named Dev Drive protection under that it is on....
  3. I have a new feature in windows security what is this new feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new feature in windows security what is this new feature: HI I was wanting to now something. I recently went into Virus % Threat protection, and then I clicked on Virus % threat protection settings. Under Real time protection their is a feature I have never seen before. This feature is named Dev Drive protection under that it is on....
  4. How can I disable "We need permission to disable Phone Link features?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable "We need permission to disable Phone Link features?": I understand Microsoft would like me to give permissions for "enhancements" for this functionality. But the link works fine for my purposed. Demanding that I give additional permissions to the app everytime I open it is unnecessary and, frankly, irritating. It's a good...
  5. we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.: and the windows will be only free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-download-windows-11-today-what-we-have/1c71dccb-2f32-45ff-a4c6-57d41ea6da7e
  6. we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we want to download windows 11 today . what we have to do.: and the windows will be only free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-download-windows-11-today-what-we-have/1c71dccb-2f32-45ff-a4c6-57d41ea6da7e
  7. Disable Windows 10 features update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Windows 10 features update: Would it be possible to permanently disable Windows 10 features update but allow security updates to take place normally. 174723
  8. Should we disable Autorun? Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should we disable Autorun? Windows 10: I've just been ploughing through lots of technical articles. They're all written by acknowledged industry experts e.g. Bleepin' Gumshoe, the Global Moderator of Bleeping Computer but there's one area where there appears to be conflict: Autorun. Some say we should disable...
  9. Windows 10 20H1 comes with more hidden features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 comes with more hidden features: Unlike Windows 10 19H2, Microsoft’s Windows 10 Spring 2020 update may introduce several new features, including a new appearance for Cortana. The recently released Windows 10 Build 18922 comes with new language settings page, Feedback Hub and bug fixes, but it also includes...
  10. Windows 10 'We are adding a new feature' problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 'We are adding a new feature' problem: Since installing Windows 10, my laptop regularly pops up with a message saying 'we are adding a new feature/features,this may take a while' then two or three seconds later, it pops up a message saying 'something happened,click here for further information' and when you click,...